Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Stadium news?

The other day I read about boca raton community teaming up with FAU and talking about building a 550 bed hospital on FAU campus (south east corner). Both the board of dir's. for the hospital and the university are excited about this and it looks like it will be a go. I wish we new more about the stadium, im begining to have my doubts since this is taking soooo long. Im hoping brogan wasnt putting on a show for the NCAA commitee to make it look like we are more commited then we really were. Im alittle worried that were going to be playing at lockhart for a while…… we might as well go across the street and play at boca high >:(
Back to the top

Stadium news?

Don't go gettin' no ulcers on me now bigshooter.. ;)

This thing will take a looooong time to develop. The approval process alone will take it's sweet time. As far as permits? Take a drive about a mile round trip from your residence. Remember when that stop light wasn't there? The road was two lanes instead of 4? The strip mall down the street? These things were probably in the works for years before they actually were built. Now you have a DOT issue(exit ramp),Boca residence issue,Contractors issues and general engineering permits! Then you still have to build the thing! The "yes" approval will only be the tip of the iceberg.

FAU is very committed to the stadium. IMHO, it will happen but not by the 2007 season which the coach would love to see. Even if we had to downgrade it to an open stadium that ONLY holds 30,000 people, it will happen.

So relax and put away the Miller Lite…. ;D
Back to the top

Stadium news?

So relax and put away the Miller Lite…. ;D

O.G. you must be a Bud Light type of guy!! - Wacth out for does stripped official, you wouldn't want to flagged now would you!! ;)

I agree, the stadium will happen - that 550 bed hospital could very well be part of a deal to appease the City of Boca, that old give a little to get a little.

Like O.G said - permits, that off ramp and fundings all will contribute to a long process. However, we do need to get out of playing at Loackhart if we are serious about schedule top nocth schools at home, we shouldn't have to rely of PPS - the facilities are not up to D-1A status. But patient will be key for all of this to happen right.
Back to the top

Stadium news?

The Bud/Miller commercials are tooo funny.

The give/take tradeout happens all the time in big business. Like you said this could very well be the beginnings of a major aggrement with the city.

Can you imagine if FAU said no go for the hospital and then went back to the commisioners for the stadium approval???
Back to the top

Stadium news?

Stadium news?

How can you get a certificate of need fro a 500+ bed hospital when Boca Raton Community Hospital is right across the street and has about 300 beds? It might be something the school wants, but they are going to have to give a huge bribe to a politician to get a certificate of need if they are going to put that hospital on campus.
Back to the top

Stadium news?

I'm sure Boca Community Hospital got something from the deal too. Upgraded facilities and more modern equipment probably. They both will benifit from this hospital.

The FAU nursing program can definitely use the training site and the athleitic department would love nothing better than to have access to their on-site mash unit.
Back to the top

Stadium news?

Interesting point on the hospital, especially since the improvements to the nursing program. Perhaps the school is looking down range at possibly going from nursing to a full blown School of Medicine. That could bridge the community hospital with the new facility. Important thing is that it sets a responsive tone of partnership and cooperation between the school and the city. Sure would like to see the stadium first though.
Back to the top

Stadium news?

How can you get a certificate of need fro a 500+ bed hospital when Boca Raton Community Hospital is right across the street and has about 300 beds? It might be something the school wants, but they are going to have to give a huge bribe to a politician to get a certificate of need if they are going to put that hospital on campus.
I dont think you guys understand the whole deal with the hospital on campus.. The certificate of need was granted to boca community to expand and introduce a new cardiac program to compete with delray medical center. The boca raton hospital that we know across the street will be replaced with the one they are going to build on our campus. Its to costly to add another 300 beds to the existing boca community or to add 300 beds on our campus… there are going to build a whole new hospital on the south east corner of the campus where the far east entrance is. The new 500 bed hospital will go there…. some people think this is being built to compete with boca hospital… nope boca hospital will move onto our campus and be partnered with us and university of miami… we like the idea of having a medical program and boca community loves the fact that they will be a research hospital… it a win win for us and boca community hospital…….

and as far as the permits for the stadium… I understand it takes time.. I just want to be informed as to where we stand… is it funding were lacking or is it permits… the stadium isnt a new idea, its been talked about for some time now, I would think that some head way has been made in the permit department.
Back to the top

Stadium news?

I'm sure it's both funding and permis at this stage. You really can't pull permits until you have a definite job. The funding is probably a long way off from finalization.

Hopefully now that school is back in session, we'll get some sort of announcement about something.
Heck, at this point we can't even get an answer on whether our AD is staying or leaving for BYU!
Back to the top

Stadium news?

The biggest set back I see right now is the funding, but Coach is pretty avid of getting this thing done, the donors will be there - look an see what happens when Ok. St. rolls into town next year. This could be an attractive incentive to donors and our up and coming opponents, if we can draw other big schools our way even better. Raising 90 Mill does take time, maybe we can get the City to throw in a few bucks :o
Back to the top
Control functions: