Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Recruiting news - from Palm Beach Post

Back to the top

Thanks, most informative list that I have seen. I still don't understand this statement, though:

Florida Atlantic, Florida International, Bethune-Cookman and Florida A&M have not received any oral commitments.

That put us about 15-20 verbals behind everybody else.
Back to the top

Names and verbals have been floating around for awhile now for other schools. We do need to gain some ground on the others real soon.

As a disclaimer, we had those AWAY travel days and storm days where we didn't get out to local high schools during NCAA active periods. The NCAA did not adjust their active periods due to our high school storm cancellation days. We missed some opportunities.
I'm not making excuses here, just adding a littel insight as to why we are probably behind.
Hopefully our TV exposure,new conference affiliation and record will pick up the slack.
Back to the top

They contradict themselves, look at the bottom:

Darius Wilson, LB, 6-0, 200lbs, John Carroll, committed to Florida Atlantic
Back to the top

Also, there were 2 others who have only visited us:

Matt Childs, OL, 6-4, 240lbs, John I. Leonard, Florida Atlantic
Scott Kozlowski, K-P, 6-0, 190lbs, Royal Palm Beach, Florida Atlantic

Plus there are several others where we just have to beat out some powers such as Fordham or Central Florida to get a local recruit. I like our chances. ;)

Back to the top

we have another quiet period this week, as the coaches all meet. another 4 or 5 days, i think.
Back to the top

Yep, it's another dark period this week. Which is really bad timing because the Outback Steakhouse Senior All-Star Game is this Saturday at Royal Palm Beach High.

That means no colleges can talk to any of the nearly 100 Palm Beach County and Treasure Coast all-stars that will be on the field Saturday.

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

But the recruiters will be in the stands and the friend of a friend of a friend will relay messages to the players.. ;)

Canadianowl, any names from the rosters that you'd hope to see in an FAU iniform?
Back to the top

Jetavious Best from Palm Beach Lakes, The Post's Player of the Year would look good in Blue and Red.

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top
Control functions: