Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

I miss hooters....!!!

I miss hooters....!!!

It just occured to me today that I miss the hooters off of glades.... the shut it down when there lease could not be renued. I would think that a hooters next to the university would be a gold mine.. we being the owls and all.. I know I would go there to watch all our away games.. it would be a no brainer... any of you fell the same.. I know there was talk about building another one in the area but as of now the nearest one is south of plantation... :(
Back to the top

I miss hooters....!!!

I think the Hooters on Okeechobee in West Palm maybe a litle closer. It would have been perfect if it could have been built where PF Changs is...
Back to the top

I miss hooters....!!!

City of Boca wasn't to fond of Hooters.

The Hooters in WPB is now on Palm Beach Lakes Blvd - one exit North of Okeechobee.
Back to the top

I miss hooters....!!!

IMO crabby jacks is less tastefull than hooters.. plus hotters food was better... It would be great if there was one where pf changs is.. being in college I can afford Hooters food but I dont see to many students eating in any of the university commons establishments.... jamba juice is the only exception
Back to the top

I miss hooters....!!!

City of Boca wasn't to fond of Hooters.

Maybe if the girls dressed up in plaid halter tops and wore lime green neon colored shorts.
They should also throw in a shuffle board by the Orders-To-Go, parking spot. 8-)
Back to the top

I miss hooters....!!!

I wouldnt care if the girls had to wear ski jackets and jeans I just think that the marketing potential for hotters would be huge next to the school... If someone on the board has money invest in a franchise... PLEASE lol ;D
Back to the top

I miss hooters....!!!

Unfortunately, this is out of our hands:

There are no franchise opportunities available in the United States. Every region has been sold and our franchisees are not allowed to sub-franchise.

But if you live in New Zealand or Norway, it's fair game:
http://www.hooters.com/company/franchising/

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

I miss hooters....!!!

Hey guys, have you considered trying to attract a franchise from the Old Chicago chain?

It's a great pizza-burger-Italian place and each restaurant has at least 110 kinds of beer, perhaps 30 of them on draught. It's based in Colorado, but has franchises in other states, including two in Florida (both in the Tampa Bay area). The original, as best I recall, is in Boulder, Colo., home of the ever-thirsty students of the University of Colorado.

It's a sports bar, with a lot of TVs and a relaxed atmosphere. It also features a great promotional gimmick called the World Beer Tour. You can sign up for a card (free), which helps keep track of the different beers you have downed. You get prizes along the way and when you reach 110, your name goes on the wall for permanent display in the Hall of Foam. (Honest!) Check out the web site. Someone could make a fortune from one of these close to the FAU campus. Look at www.oldchicago.com. Hmmm, I may stop by an Old Chicago tonight…I'm thirsty after writing this.
Back to the top

I miss hooters....!!!

As I remember the original owner of the Hooters on Glades retained the franchise rights for the Boca area. There was a plan to rebuild close by when they shut down the old place but it never happened >:(
Back to the top

I miss hooters....!!!

Thats what I thought... I know if you go into subway they used to have the maps of Boca and the future hooters location was listed there... I think it was off of saint andrews by the mall.....
Back to the top
Control functions: