Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Recruiting 2005 -- PB Post

Here are the FAU mentions from The Palm Beach Post's 2005 recruiting assessment current as of today's (1-12-05) web site:

Bryan Bartlett, LB, 5-11, 200, Boca Raton High, considering Jacksonville, FAU

Jetavious Best, RB, 5-10, 189, Palm Bch Lakes High, considering Rutgers, W. Va., FAU

Charlton Butts, LB, 5-11, 190, Santaluces High, considering UF, Jacksonville, FAU, FIU

Matt Childs, OL, 6-4, 240, John I. Leonard High, considering FAU

Jarrett Durant, LB, 6-1, 210, Martin County High, considering FAU, UCF

Roderick Hill, RB, 6-0, 185, Jupiter High, considering FAU, Marshall

Myles Holton, DE, 6-2, 230, Suncoast High, considering FAU, S. Ill., UCF, Fordham

Scott Kozlowski, K-P, 6-0, 190, Royal Palm Bch High, considering FAU

David Lanham, OL, 6-4, 275, Wellington High, considering Jacksonville, FAU

Tim Lewis, LB, 5-11, 220, South Fork High, considering Mich., Ky., FAU

Matt Loucks, FS, 6-2, 185, South Fork High, considering FAU, Fordham, Lafayette

Darius Wilson, LB, 6-0, 200, John Carroll High, committed to FAU
Back to the top

Not too much size. I worry about competing with Jacksonville for recruits. They are a non-scholarship program. We should be competing with much better programs than JU. Hopefully we are battling the big boys for some recruits as well. GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

David Lanham, OL, 6-4, 275, Wellington High, considering Jacksonville, FAU

how is this character possibly going to jacksonville.

275lbs and 6'4" as an 18 year old? I'll take that all day
Back to the top

There are a couple of letters missing from that list. one would be a Q, and the other would be a B.
Back to the top

Scott Koslowski

Coach McCabe "Scott is a Div-1 Player and any coach that needs a great Punter sign this kid to a scholarship. Sign him NOW ! Scott attended the One On One Kicking Competition at the Miami Hurricanes Facility. Scott has been rated by One On One Kicking, the best in the state of florida and is rated nationaly #2 when our national reports are listed through maxemfingerrecruiting.com, kicking.com, LRS SPORTS Software and insiders.com."

Punts: 53, 41, 40, 46, 47, 36, 40, 51, 43, 50 - Ave 44.7, Ave Hangtime 4.0.

one on one kicking rankings:

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

http://www.kicking.com/oneononeresults.asp
Back to the top

Our punter, can already boot the ball VERY well.
Back to the top

Yea kicking last year was very impressive… Im suprised Mike Myers didnt go pro… he was ranked #1 for all of D1 for a long time, I think he may have droped a few spots after the FAMU game but only cause 2 kicks got blocked… Im suprised he wasnt checked out by scouts.
Back to the top

jdirico

6-4 275 doesn't mean anything. He is being recruited by Jacksonville for a reason. He probably isn't very good. I played with lots of big creampuff linemen who looked great on paper but couldn't get it done on the field. Hopefully the kid is the real deal but competing with a non-scholarship program for recruits doesn't make me feel too good. GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

jdirico

6-4 275 doesn't mean anything. He is being recruited by Jacksonville for a reason. He probably isn't very good. I played with lots of big creampuff linemen who looked great on paper but couldn't get it done on the field. Hopefully the kid is the real deal but competing with a non-scholarship program for recruits doesn't make me feel too good. GO OWLS!!!

I just pictured the marshmellow man from Ghost Busters when I read your post…ROFLMAO!! ;D ;D ;D

Valid point owlfan1 about the competition. I makes you wonder why he didn't get other offers. You know what's even stranger than that. I remember that FAU was upset 4 years ago when they had to compete with USF. Which was a scholarship program on the rise??!!
Back to the top

We had a pathetic big man in high school, he could get pushed around by the little runts who never played…the coaches nicknamed the big man "Manatee."
Not flattering for a football player.
Back to the top
Control functions: