Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Rivals 3-Star Recruit Looking at FAU

Have ya'll seen this? I was looking through all the Rivals.com recruits and saw this guy from Tampa-Jefferson who will most likely commit to FAU. He's a big guy!!! He plays offensive guard and is graded a 3-star recruit by Rivals.com.

As of yesterday, he's limited his options to either FAU or Bethune-Cookeman, so I'm assuming he is not as greatly interested in attending other schools that he has talked about possibly going to such as Florida, Oklahoma, South Florida, and Clemson.

Here's a link to his Rivals.com profile:

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=27105&Sport=1
Back to the top

Any of the Top 100 FL recruits sounds good to me!!
Back to the top

I posted about him in another thread. I've seen him play since his freshmen days at Jefferson. Great athlete with quick feet.

There may be an eligibility issue with him. Hopefully it'll get ironed out early.
Back to the top

He would be a huge addition to the offensive line. He has the size that we need. Looks like we have a great shot at getting him. GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

There may be an eligibility issue with him. Hopefully it'll get ironed out early.

:-/ Could this be why the BC$ schools are no longer on his list? Maybe they couldn't risk that, so they decided to skip over him?
Back to the top

:-/ Could this be why the BC$ schools are no longer on his list? Maybe they couldn't risk that, so they decided to skip over him?

Exactly. The last conversation I had with him was that he took his latest SAT/ACT tests and didn't pass. I don't know if he retook it since, but they do offer a few more before June.
Back to the top

Exactly. The last conversation I had with him was that he took his latest SAT/ACT tests and didn't pass. I don't know if he retook it since, but they do offer a few more before June.

I hate those damn tests! I was ranked 9th in a class of 333 students and in the upper 2% of my class and graduated with a 3.98 GPA, but the best I could muster was a 25 on the ACT after my third attempt.

It's pathetic that these tests like this can make or break someone's professional career. Alot of people can be really smart, but terrible test takers or just above average and great test takers and guess which one gets the great scholarships and college offers? The one who's just above average but a better test taker.

Isn't that messed up?
Back to the top

I had "just barely getting by" grades but I took tests pretty good. I didn't study too great either. I was one of those "look at it before 1st period" kind of guy. I was just the oposite of you.. ;D

I agree about the testing purpose. If you had bad grades or didn't get the required grades in high school you HAVE to take remedial classes anyway for your major!
Florida have a very large population of players for JUCO's. We don't have a JUCO program here in Florida. Anyone who leaves very rarely return after they finish at a JUCO from MIss,Kansas,San Fran or wherever. You look at an out-of-state college roster and see kids who played in high school here in Florida and you wondered where they went. Some(not all)of them went JUCO and stayed out there somewhere.

Oh yeah, I will be watching for Kerry Wright on the draft day. Good luck to him.
Back to the top
Control functions: