Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Draft Diary - Day 2

Draft Diary- QB Jared Allen Day 2
By TFY Draft Preview
Date: Jan 20, 2005

Things getting a little heavier in Hawaii as Florida Atlantic quarterback Jared Allen takes us through his second day of practice talking about some of the lesser-known prospects who may become household names in April.

Practice this morning went really well. Everything went much smoother as a team. We added a couple of new plays on offense but nothing to difficult. Timing is still tough with the receivers on some routes, but it is getting better. I am very impressed with the talent at wide receiver for our squad. Receivers like Tony Brown from Tennessee and Jamacia Rector from N.W. Missouri. After practice I had a chance to throw some one-on-one routes to the receivers for all the scouts. I did pretty well, but improvements could have been made on a couple passes.

Next we all headed to a shopping center near the stadium to shop and sign autographs. There were a lot of people who were kind enough to come out to the meet-n-greet. I think the appearance was a widely advertised promotion. Everyone on the island has treated us with great hospitality. I look forward to the luau this evening, and I'll let you know more about it in tomorrow's update.

My agent (Memphis-based Brian Parker) was right on the money when he informed me I would have plenty of paperwork to fill out upon my arrival. I was in the same room doing paperwork for 5 ? hours filling out questionnaires from various teams. Since I've been here I have interviewed face-to-face with the Jacksonville Jaguars, Tampa Bay Bucs, Philadelphia Eagles, Miami Dolphins and the Cleveland Browns. After practice this morning I talked with a scout from the Baltimore Ravens. I prefer interviews rather than filling out the questionnaires because I feel like the scouts get a better chance to know me.

Even though this week might be one long job interview, I've still managed to have a great time and meet some great guys. I've mostly hung out with the Harvard quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick and Auburn defensive end Brett Eddins. As it turns out Tony Brown is going to be in Memphis where I've been training and we are going to keep in touch and work out together once this week is over.

Back to the top

Draft Diary - Day 2

Good article. It would be nice if he stayed in Florida.. ;D
The Bucs and Gruden already have Simms who they messed up by not playing more last year when they knew they weren't going anywhere. Gruden don't like rookies.
The Jags and Alfredo Roberts(former FAU TE coach)would be nice but they have Garrard backing up Leftowich. I think the FAMU QB is third string.
The Dolphins may be the best fit because he may get a shot early.
Back to the top

Draft Diary - Day 2

Draft Diary - Day 2

It's a once in a life time experience he and Chris should be enjoying to the fullest - I wish I could join them for the luau - minus the grass skirt 8-)

It's great that they are able to enjoy something a few get to experience - this is another great chapter for this young Owl program, as we continue to grow, this is stuff that recruits love to hear about. They at least know that playing for FAU that they have a chance to follow in the foot steps lay-down by these founding members.

Go Owls!!
Back to the top
Control functions: