Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2005 FAU Roster

There are more 300+ guys than I realized.. ;D There are also a lot of 280+ players too! Some of these guys had to practice against the departing seniors so they shouldn't be too far behind in the learning curve. The actual school years are off on some players. Also,I don't know why LB Chris McKinley is listed on the roster. I don't recall him getting a RS. He played since his frosh year.

Read on:
http://fausports.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/fau-m-footbl-mtt.html
Back to the top

2005 FAU Roster

I only counted 3 but there are alot of 280 players.. they could easily hit the 300 mark.... looks like our guys did get heftier.....
Back to the top

2005 FAU Roster

Sorry. I should have been more specific. I included the 295 and 296 guys.I think it totals 3 of them also. So that's 6 in the immediate 300lb range. Besides, a couple of trips to the Cheesecake Factory will get them to 300 by Spring.. :)
Back to the top

2005 FAU Roster

2005 FAU Roster

The roster listing is very OUTDATED as to the weights of our linemen. Zach Wichner (Redshirt) for example has put on 20 lbs of muscle during the offseason…. :o
The weight training program is bulking up our guys without the help of the Cheesecake Factory….300lb + linemen are not the defining factor without quick feet and speed. I'll be happy to line up with linemen in the 280 to 295 lb range, with quickness to get outside to stop those speedy D-ends. I think the coaches are right on track to take the program to the next level.
Back to the top

2005 FAU Roster

20 pounds of muscle! Who needs the Cheesecake Factory - he just needs to keep taking those steroids ;)
Back to the top

2005 FAU Roster

Welcome to the board fellas. The regular Owl's Nest posters know that the roster is outdated. It's just a starting point of conversation.

However the 300+ lineman will indeed decide on how far we go toward being sucessful in the D1 arena. Size of the linemen takes it's toll in the later stages of the game. We did great the 1st 4 years with the smaller quick linemen. Now with the likes of KU,OK St and others on the future schedules, I believe that you will see that the beef up front avtually makes a difference. The coaches also know this need to be addressed and has been slowly building it in that direction. Heavier linemen.

If you guys are players, good luck and keep up the work that the seniors laid out for you.
Back to the top

2005 FAU Roster

I was just looking over a couple of the stats and history behind the players on our 2005 roster.

Embick looked good in 2003 especially in that game against UNC. That makes me feel a little better about next season.

Does anyone have any numbers on him for 2004? I know he played a couple of games right?

Any other updates on Souverain?
Back to the top

2005 FAU Roster

Danny would enter games during the 2nd qtr last year. He looked good and handled himself well. I don't know official numbers. Stats are missing.
They also took down the 2004 roster already, from FAU's website. :(

I haven't heard anything new on Soverain. Make sure to catch a spring practice or two. He will impress!
Back to the top

2005 FAU Roster

Out of curiosity, what makes you so confident about Soverain?

I know we discussed this before but who do you think will come out on top?

…and what about this guy Dane Hansen?

Back to the top

2005 FAU Roster

Over the years, I've sen my share of option QB's and pure athletes. Soverain seems to have all the tools already.

My UNOFFICIAL prediction for the QB position?
Embick will get the starting job. Dane will be the back-up. Soverain is not the pro-set QB that Coach Schnelly is used to coaching. He really have his work cut out for him. But he is not as effective staying in the pocket. Scrambling is his strong point.
Back to the top
Control functions: