Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Tampa Jefferson's Alex Suber update:

Looks like we're(FAU) officially out of the running. A teammate from last year,Jon Bailes, is also at San Diego State. Suber is like a mixture of Santana Moss and Warrick Dunn. Quick,fast and can catch.

Tampa Trib:
JEFFERSON: DB Josh Walker (San Diego State) and OL Frank Gil (Charleston Southern) verbally committed Sunday, but the long-awaited announcement by TB Alex Suber, who also visited San Diego State, will have to wait. Suber will choose between the Aztecs and Middle Tennessee State, he said. Last season, Walker (6-2, 180) had five interceptions and helped Jefferson advance to the Class 3A state final. He had six interceptions as a junior and returned three for touchdowns during the past two years. Gil was a mainstay on the line at 6-3, 295.
Back to the top

Let's hope he goes to SDSU so that we don't have to see him on regular basis at MTSU. I would think that location (closer to home) would be the only thing that MTSU would have going for them. That and the ability to play right away. Aside from that, SDSU draws more fans, plays a better schedule, gets the occasional nationally televised game, has better facilities, and is a bigger name. I am sure that it is just a matter of time until he makes his decision. GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Let's hope he goes to SDSU so that we don't have to see him on regular basis at MTSU. I would think that location (closer to home) would be the only thing that MTSU would have going for them. That and the ability to play right away. Aside from that, SDSU draws more fans, plays a better schedule, gets the occasional nationally televised game, has better facilities, and is a bigger name. I am sure that it is just a matter of time until he makes his decision. GO OWLS!!!

I'll give you all those except facilities. Middle Tennessee has some of the best facilities in football in the non-BC$ world. In the Sun Belt only Troy has facilities that rivals ours and once North Texas gets their stuff going, then they'll probably have better facilities than both of us.
Back to the top

MTSU does have very good facilities. I was there for the FAU game and I was very impressed. To be honest, I hesitated before putting that in the last post. GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

Just checked, SDSU plays at Qualcom stadium. 71,000 capacity and new. A step above MTSU's stadium. So much for that on the facilities angle. But hey, at least MTSU has the on campus stadium. SDSU has to travel to theirs. GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

Just checked, SDSU plays at Qualcom stadium. 71,000 capacity and new. A step above MTSU's stadium. So much for that on the facilities angle. But hey, at least MTSU has the on campus stadium. SDSU has to travel to theirs. GO OWLS!!!

That's nice, but it's not theirs it's the San Diego Chargers'. That's like us playing our home games at the Coliseum in Nashville.

That school couldn't afford to build one for themselves. Trust me, you can't impress recruits with a facility that isn't yours. Look at Temple! They suck and they don't play their games in an on-campus stadium.

So no, San Diego State STILL doesn't have better facilities than we do. The city of San Diego does.
Back to the top

I agree with most of what you said BRP. That is why I said that it isn't the same as having an on-campus stadium. SDSU is in the same situation that we are in, we either play at Lockhart or ProPlayer. Either way it doesn't match having an on-campus stadium. You guys have very nice facilities. I was extremely impressed when I was there for the FAU game. Hopefully you will be able to get attendance up so that you can fill that nice stadium. GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

I am really suprised that he's leaving the state. More suprised that he's even considering San Diego State as far as distance!
He is VERY close to his mother and she hasn't missed a game in forever.

MTSU is a lot closer to Tampa for her to make the trips up there than all the way outwest.
Back to the top

For those of you who haven't seen MTSU's stadium, here is a picture

Back to the top

Difficult to believe but SDSU has sent more guys to the pro's than MTSU and they have more name recognition. Let's just hope for our sake that he doesn't go to MTSU. ;) GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top
Control functions: