Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Commitments from the state of Florida

The sight posted below shows who commited to what school

http://hsflorida.scout.com/3/2005_COMMITMENT_LIST.html
Tomorrow is the big day and hopefully well match this one for one and maybe a surprise or two.
Latest update from HS Scout.
AS of Feb. 1

FLORIDA ATLANTIC UNIVERSITY (18):
Jermaine Counsil, DE, 6-4, 250, Eau Gallie.
Roderick Ferguson, RB, 5-10, 180, Deerfield Beach.
Cortez Gent, WR, 6-0, 180, Chiefland.
Christopher Goff, LB, 6-2, 190, Fort Myers Cypress Lake.
Jamari Grant, WR, 6-4, 210, Jacksonville First Coast.
Jason Harmon, WR, 5-11, 175, Sarasota Riverview.
Michael Holton, TE, 6-3, 220, Pompano Beach Ely.
Conshario Johnson, WR, 6-0, 171, Tampa Middleton.
John Jones, WR, 5-10, 180, Jupiter.
Damian Lee, DL, 6-5, 275, Miami Edison.
Josh McClover, DE, 6-4, 210, Coconut Creek.
Kevin Miller, OL, 6-3, 320, Oakland Park Northeast.
Willie Rose, FB, 6-1, 210, Tampa Gaither.
Josh Savidge, DL, 6-2, 250, Naples.
Rusty Smith, QB, 6-3, 190, Jacksonville Sandalwood.
Jimmy Touissaint, TE, 6-3, 240, Miami Edison.
Lavaris Williams, OL, 6-4, 250, Fort Lauderdale Dillard.
Darius Wilson, LB, 6-0, 200, Fort Pierce John Carroll.
Back to the top

Smith's last game. Couldn't find his stats. If anybody can provide them, I'd appreciate it:

Apopka 31, Sandalwood 21

Star of the night: Apopka's Tamaki Jackson blocked a punt and scooped it up for a 35-yard touchdown on the final play of the third quarter. The play gave the Blue Darters a 24-14 lead. Jackson later added a 5-yard touchdown run.

Turning point: Apopka opened a 31-14 lead when Jackson scored on his 5-yarder, essentially putting the Saints away.

On defense: Apopka held Saints star running back Maurice Wells to a career-low 31 yards. Led by linebacker Kadu Swift, the Blue Darters allowed Wells no runs of more than 10 yards. … Apopka's Edward Sands made an interception that set up Jackson's game-clinching touchdown run.

Fast facts: Sandalwood defensive back/wide receiver Jamar Hornsby, a 6-foot-4 junior expected to be one of the area's top recruits next season, caught three touchdown passes from Saints quarterback Rusty Smith, accounting for all of his team's points. One was a 92-yard completion on an over-the-shoulder catch. … Apopka advances to face Orlando Edgewater next week in a Class 6A regional championship. Edgewater beat Apopka 32-7 in the regular season.

They said it: "No.7 [Hornsby] is the best high school football player I've ever seen." – Apopka coach Ty Ensor.

Special to The Times-Union
Back to the top

Talon, I added a new name and revised date. Thanks.
Back to the top

O.G. any time as a matter of fact any info anybody has on recruits let's post it and add names as we find out. I heard the one kid that could not come on last year was getting things straight and was trying to get in this year. Ithink his name was steven williams I can't remember, but is there any truth to that.? anyone know or heard?
Back to the top

I haven't heard about Williams this year. Hopefully it'll get straightend out for him.
Back to the top

O.G. just added the kid from Tampa Middleton
Back to the top

What's the take of this, Michael Holton, has good size for a TE?
Back to the top

What's the take of this, Michael Holton, has good size for a TE?

I know nothing about him, but I like the fact he's our 2nd 3-star recruit. I don't remember us ever signing 1 player rated over 2-stars. Signing day should be a great indicator of how far the talent level has risen and also how well we are thought of by recruits. GO OWLS!!
Back to the top

Is Holton a solid verbal? Rivals does not have him committed to FAU, or even have us on his list for that matter. Just curious because he looks promising, he runs a faster 40 than conshario johnson and is much bigger.
Back to the top

Kevin Miller, OL, 6-3, 320, Oakland Park Northeast

2star on rivals, great size. another good commit who is not yet commited on rivals.com.
Back to the top
Control functions: