Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2004 Recruiting Class

Here's last year's recruiting class. How about some stories. Who redshirted, who saw playing time, who is up over 300 pounds, who is projected to start this season, who is going to be a force, etc. You guys gotta keep us out-of-staters updated We get about 0 paragraphs here in north carolina, and not much more out of the national publications:

Posted February 5, 2004

Position Name Height/Weight School
DB Ricky Bethel 5-10/170 Pasadena (Calif) CC (Lantana Santaluces)
FS Carldayle Brantley 6-1/172 Miami William H. Turner
LB Andre Clark 6-1/205 Miami Pace
WR Darren Coney 5-11/185 Lauderdale Lakes Boyd Anderson
LB Ted Czepiga 6-0/208 Bethany (Conn.) Amity
LB Brad Gagne 6-1/217 Palm Beach Gardens
DL Antonio Hall 6-2/252 Starke Bradford Co.
S/RB Anthony Heard 6-1/210 Coral Springs Taravella
DL Vinnie Henderson 6-5/250 South Plantation
OL Brandon Jackson 6-4/245 Hollywood Chaminade-Madonna
OL Jervonte Jackson 6-3/270 North Miami Beach
DE E.J. Jones 6-3/230 Southwest Miami
DB Gregory Joseph 5-10/184 Miami Dr. Krop
TE/WR Kyle Langford 6-4/205 Port St. Lucie West Centennial
OL Jarrett McDonald 6-6/290 Pembroke Pines Flanagan
OL Nick Paris 6-1/310 Palm Bay
RB Charles Pierre 5-11/195 Orlando Lake Highland Prep
DE Kris Rush 6-3/200 Tallahassee Chiles
WR Frantz Simeon 5-10/170 Palm Beach Gardens
CB Corey Small 5-10/170 Naples Gulf Coast
QB McKinson Souverain 6-0/173 Delray Beach Atlantic
OT Zachery Wichner 6-4/260 Davie South Plantation
CB Steve Williams 5-10/160 Hollywood Chaminade-Madonna
Back to the top

2004 Recruiting Class

Here's a link from last week. We talked about a couple of the guys who are still here:

?topic=948
Back to the top

2004 Recruiting Class

The only one that got any playing time was OL Brandon Jackson, the rest where RS'ed.

They are some very good guys on the list to watch for, but right now its rather early to project anybody as starters, especially with the new recruits coming in.

I would imagine most OL & DL will have a shot at starting or at least getting playing time next year.

The only position set on the OL if I'm not mistaken would be Center w/ Nello Faulk
Back to the top

2004 Recruiting Class

2004 Recruiting Class

Did Nick Paris OL 6'1 310, get RS last year? He didn't look too bad in the spring.
Back to the top

2004 Recruiting Class

They had a bunch of them red shirted he was one of them. I know in the depth chart they had him behind Shep. Maybe this is some of Schnelly's stragety. but one thing for sure this spring should be very interesting.
Back to the top

2004 Recruiting Class

All of the linemen from the 2004 class have progressed from being the scout team last year, learning the system and getting plenty of contact. As to the inquiry as to Nick Paris, he had some medical set backs during last seaon, but is up to speed and ready to go. With the projected linemen coming in this year, along with the redshirt freshmen from 2004 we should have a solid group of linemen to compliment the team. Experience is the only missing factor…..and only experience will resolve the problem. One last thing is needed….a replacement for outgoing Line Coach John Bock. He did a heck of a job, and will be missed :'(. Any word on his replacement?
Back to the top

2004 Recruiting Class

I thought they might put Vergotis back at o-line but supposedlly they do have someone coming in. They can gain alot of experience in a short period with the staff they have and a couple of games under there belts they had very good mentors.
Back to the top

2004 Recruiting Class

Welcome to the board BigDog.

I was thinking along the same line as Talon, that they might shift some existing personnel around.
I haven't heard anything official. Coach Bock was good for the guys!
He will be sorely missed in the "Pump it Up" department.. ;D
Back to the top

2004 Recruiting Class

Here is what I like about the situation concerning the linemen and I may be way off base here, but IMO them getting ready for our first two game, Kansas & Ok. St will provide that extra motivation during spring getting ready and game time will provide big time experience for these young linemen - so, by the time SBC schedule kicks in these guys will be ready to rock & roll - let hope so anyway.
Back to the top

2004 Recruiting Class

Could not agree with you more Bytor, these young guys need to get there feet wet so what better way then to mix it up with some big programs.
Back to the top
Control functions: