Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

We play at Louisville on October 1st!!!!!!!

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/content/sports/epaper/2005/02/03/a5c_fau_0203.html

Noteworthy: Schnellenberger announced the Owls will play at Louisville on Oct. 1…. Area players who signed with the Owls include receiver John Jones and Fort Pierce Central linebacker John Mertilus. John Carroll linebacker Darius Wilson is expected to play for FAU next season.

Back to the top

This looks like a great class, but it would have been nice to add Holton as a TE - just to think with the type of offense we run he could have had a huge impact for us - his size a lone would have been intimidating.

This is an away game, even thought the outcome may not be pretty I will plan on making next year.

Go Owls!!
Back to the top

This is a helova schedule for a program this young and to think it only gets better. Question, how many of you think a stadium would have played a part in bringing in or not losing some that changed there minds?
Back to the top

Kids love new and shiny things so the stadium may have had an impact. I wonder how many players didn't even consider FAU because of the stadium issues?

Also, there were some negative recruiting going on out there regarding FAU's lack of a stadium and D1-A transitional status.. >:(
Back to the top

I'm sure that the stadium issue is more important than for a school like UM. I've heard some of the negative crap being slung around on some of the message boards even on the high school sites
Back to the top

Also, there were some negative recruiting going on out there regarding FAU's lack of a stadium and D1-A transitional status.. >:(

I take as a compliment that teams must now use negative recruiting tacting against us knowing that we have a shot at taking some of their potential recruits away. So, IMO not having a stadium could very well have had an impact and our transition period(attendance issue) as well ??? The foundation that has been put together is pretty solid, so now we need patience :o and things will fall in to place in due time.

I said this before, having the stadium is critical to the continued success and development of the program if we want to start competing with the big boys - by the vision of some Older & Wiser Owl
Back to the top

Regarding this negative recruiting about our attendance issue. What will happen next year if we still do not have a high enough attendance?

Are we still counting on them scrapping the whole thing?
Back to the top

IMO with the beefer schedule it will be a tremendous impact on the butts in seats. Especially if FAU comes to play --- and they will!!!
Back to the top

With the home schedule we have so far, we should no problem getting butts in the seats - IMO, attendance will be a non-factor.

The Owls' will be ready to play against Ok. St. - I don't think we want to be embarrasses at home.
Back to the top

We will meet the mark next year. That is a KILLER schedule. These young guns have to catch on real quick and get in line with the returners. Should be a fun Spring.

Rough road ahead for us. As long as we don't go 0-11 we'll be OK. That mark from up in Orlando should stand for awhile anyway… ;D
Back to the top
Control functions: