Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

11th Game

Quote from Coach:

FAU still needs one more game to complete its 11-game schedule, and Schnellenberger said he will be looking for a winnable game.

"There was some pressure to add another [tough] team, but I think that would be too much," Schnellenberger said.

With that said, what are some realistic games that we could add to the schedule ?
Back to the top

11th Game

Can UCF come down and play??
Back to the top

11th Game

Memphis, UTEP, and Tulane from Conference USA are all looking for a game. Are those a "winnable game"?
Back to the top

11th Game

about half of the MAC is still looking for a game.
Back to the top

11th Game

With the "winnable game" clause I'm guessing Eastern Michigan or Kent.
Back to the top

11th Game

11th Game

5 home games and 5 away games so far (unofficially). So what makes more sense is a 1-AA team at home.
Back to the top

11th Game

Memphis wouldn't be a "winnable" game. I didn't see UTEP or Tulane at all last year.

I would say get UCF on the schedule but coach O'Leary have weaned some of Kruzek's old talent off the team. He's a good recruiter and he may have a decent team his year.

Maybe we should look for Buffalo or a Ball State. But the MAC is a good place to seek winnable games.. ;D
Back to the top

11th Game

How about Western Kentucky a decent 1AA team that is in the sunbelt for everything except football. Has'nt the SB been trying to lure them into the Conference.
Back to the top

11th Game

I hear that W. Kentucky if looking at possibly playing FIU and if that is true would they want to play FAU in the same season (as far as 2 1-A teams), they still have the playoffs to consider, all thought strenght of schedule would be in their favor.

How about Army?
Back to the top

11th Game

I didn't see an open date for Army or Navy. I think they are looking for a home game, as well as a winnable game. The MAC schools mentioned will travel for a pay day. FAU doesn't offer them a pay day. I'm betting on a 1-AA school.
Back to the top
Control functions: