Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Statement by MTSU poster on SBC Board

Posted under "Is Middle Tenn. going to the Mac?"
WOW do we have this fans attention or what!!!

theboro Posted: Jan 26 2005, 07:06 PM

Water Engineer
Group: Water Engineer
Member No.: 7112

You're crazy if you think the MAC is on par with the Mtn. West or even C-USA football wise.

Outside of Toledo and BG they're not.

The MAC East is horrible.

Plus it's simply a matter of mathematics.

Whether you want to believe it or not FIU and FAU are going to be good. Their location just dictates that. I don't like it. FAU's a bunch of criminals coached by a criminal but they are.

UL is starting to put an emphasis on football and once again, too much talent and tradition in Louisiana.

UNT is on pace to be around the 4th or 5th biggest school in Texas.

I like the MAC. I like almost all of the schools in the MAC, but the SBC is only in its 5th year of existence in football and these schools athletic departments are in their infancy.

Most of these institutions are growing almost exponentially.

10 years from now the SBC will be a better top to bottom all sport conference than the MAC and the others listed and will have probably passed in football.

I just don't see the room for improvement from the MAC schools. Mainly, and what even some Western fans will admit to is that there seems to be a complacency in the MAC that doesn't exist in the SBC.

The MAC's better RIGHT NOW. But times are changing.

Good luck to Toledo next year. I've always liked watching them play. Chester Taylor was fun to watch.
Back to the top

How is FAU a bunch of criminals??
FIU was the team that had to kick off players due to an on-campus shooting last off season.
Back to the top

How is FAU a bunch of criminals??
FIU was the team that had to kick off players due to an on-campus shooting last off season.

Some people will always associate South Florida college football with the UM teams of the late 80's and early 90's. The problems at UM started after Schnelly was there. Yes, last year there were some problems with drugs and players being kicked off the team, but hardly serious criminal behavior. There will be a certain amount of that type of thing on just about any college team.

But it doesn't really matter what these people think. They are just upset that FAU has accomplished more in 5 years than their programs have in decades.

I sort of take this as a compliment. They know that FAU is only going to get better, and are already making excuses.
Back to the top

There was a little more in this particular thread and I agree I just think most of it is not just the jealousy but also the poster is from Theboro of Middle Tenn.. This is the actual site. http://www.ncaabbs.com/forums/sunbelt/invision/index.php?act=ST&f=19&t=2690&s=9d9be97e260ee2b56c0f29ab4c266806of

We were talking about wallpaper for the locker room - this would work. Don't they come to the hood this year. after all there is a high criminal element in Boca Ya know Seniors with an Attitude I think thier called.
Back to the top

Some people will always associate South Florida college football with the UM teams of the late 80's and early 90's. The problems at UM started after Schnelly was there. Yes, last year there were some problems with drugs and players being kicked off the team, but hardly serious criminal behavior. There will be a certain amount of that type of thing on just about any college team.

But it doesn't really matter what these people think. They are just upset that FAU has accomplished more in 5 years than their programs have in decades.

I sort of take this as a compliment. They know that FAU is only going to get better, and are already making excuses.

I think the comment has to do with Anthony Crissinger-Hill's drug ring in Boca Raton and Howard Schnellenberger's willingness to turn the other cheek when it comes to the situation by possibly reinstating him to the team.

I think it also has to do with your team's senior leadership skipping a practice before Thanksgiving. That is a serious display in lack of discipline. Football programs are ran ALMOST like military camps–with discipline, sweat, and alot of swearing, and a take-no-crap attitude.

It's hard to see discipline going on at FAU.

BTW, I have to at least partway agree with TheBoro's comments about Howard Schnellenberger. While he may not be a criminal, he is bad-minded. I do not like him myself. And it does not stem from jealousy. He is very disrespectful to the Sun Belt as a whole and I do not like hearing his derrogatory remarks about us and our conference, and his lame excuses for losing to Troy and Louisiana-Monroe this past fall were classless. Crissinger-Hill is just one person and to say that his presence would've won those games for FAU is bologna pure and simple!

FAU is NOT the best team in the Sun Belt yet, and this Fall will prove it. Ya'll don't know what it's like to lose a bulk of starters after one season that usually translates into a struggling season thereafter. The rest of us do know what it's like. But after losing 28 seniors and almost all of your starters, I have a hard time seeing FAU being successful in 2005. Yeah, Howard coaches a school in Florida, but that doesn't mean you are going to be successful. You still have to play the game.

The worst team in all of Division 1-A this past year was a school in Florida with a "high-profile" coach.

As far as winning the 1-A National Title as Schnellie claims FAU will do under his "great" reign? Well. . .I'll believe it when I see it, and that goes to his belief that FAU will even contend for the 2005 Sun Belt title. I don't see that happening either, not with all that you've lost after last year–unless ya'll recruited about 20 JUCO's, then it's possible.
Back to the top

I don't think there are many people here that believe FAU will steamroll through the Sun Belt this year. I have great respect for the rest of the Sun Belt programs, they play each other exetremely tough. Also, we realize that it will be tough replacing the seniors that we lost right away. I do, however, think that given time and experience FAU will be the cream of the crop in the SBC. The talent is here and the S. Florida pipeline will keep it coming.

As for Schnelly disrespecting the SBC….some of his comments could be seen that way. But I don't think that it is meant to be disrespectful. He has a vision of where he wants to take this program and he knows that probably means a conference shift somewhere down the road. Nothing against the Sun Belt (and I'm personally very excited about being in this conference) but they arent affiliated with the BCS. Now, this isnt the conference's fault, but it is just reality.

One more thing….I havent noticed this type of anti-FAU sentiment from any other SBC message boards. It probably has as much to do with our 2-0 record vs. MTSU as anything. ;D GO OWLS!!
Back to the top

BlueRaider, BlueRaider, my, my where do I start. First off Crissinger-Hill and drug ring, where does this come from, it's one things to state facts, but please to flat out say stuff like that with no bases or value is ridiculous - he was a young kid that smoke pot with some friends, again a young men doing something that he should have know better to do, but to accuse him of running a drug ring is a pathetic way of making things bigger then what it was - yes, smoking the stuff is illegal, but they are a bunch of people that smoke the stuff everyday even professional that are much older and know better as well and the last time I checked he was disciplined by it. And how can you take a shot at Coach for something he hasn't even done yet, but you base your opininion on a earlier post not on FACTUAL INFORMATION.

About this team having no discipline is again BS, I have witness on numerous occasion the coach benching players for lack of discipline, even when the game was on the line and this goes for practices as well. And I have have been to many practices and what you say about ALMOST like military camps - It's worse.

Again,you take a couple of incidences and assume to much.

If I remember last year, the MTSU fans wanted your very own coaches head and some of you made some pretty degrading comments - nothing but the opposite if true here and look at the Louisville fans - they adore the guy, why because he is a winner on and off the field, is this why you don't like him - hhmm!! I have talked to him personelly on many occasions and nothing is further from the truth - the guy is a class act. Some people tend to not like him because he is very lose with the tongue sometimes with his ambitions and dreams - hey, the guy dreams big, but guess what he make them happen - though cookie. What did he ever do to disrespect the SBC?

Again the same old story, yes we are losing 28 seniors poor little FAU :'( please stop it already. You don't see us Owl fans crying about it, the only people I see making a big deal about it are the teams we have beaten :o again get over it.

Ah, so little FAU again has made a commitment or should I say a goal to win the SBC and what is wrong with that, should we plan to come in second or wait third or fourth or last, please - winners think about winning - period, again get over it. And if I remember, Coach has made it clear that we won't be winning the National Championship this year - does that make you feel better.

Back to the top

BlueRaider, BlueRaider, my, my where do I start. First off Crissinger-Hill and drug ring, where does this come from, it's one things to state facts, but please to flat out say stuff like that with no bases or value is ridiculous - he was a young kid that smoke pot with some friends, again a young men doing something that he should have know better to do, but to accuse him of running a drug ring is a pathetic way of making things bigger then what it was - yes, smoking the stuff is illegal, but they are a bunch of people that smoke the stuff everyday even professional that are much older and know better as well and the last time I checked he was disciplined by it. And how can you take a shot at Coach for something he hasn't even done yet, but you base your opininion on a earlier post not on FACTUAL INFORMATION.

About this team having no discipline is again BS, I have witness on numerous occasion the coach benching players for lack of discipline, even when the game was on the line and this goes for practices as well. And I have have been to many practices and what you say about ALMOST like military camps - It's worse.

Again,you take a couple of incidences and assume to much.

If I remember last year, the MTSU fans wanted your very own coaches head and some of you made some pretty degrading comments - nothing but the opposite if true here and look at the Louisville fans - they adore the guy, why because he is a winner on and off the field, is this why you don't like him - hhmm!! I have talked to him personelly on many occasions and nothing is further from the truth - the guy is a class act. Some people tend to not like him because he is very lose with the tongue sometimes with his ambitions and dreams - hey, the guy dreams big, but guess what he make them happen - though cookie. What did he ever do to disrespect the SBC?

Again the same old story, yes we are losing 28 seniors poor little FAU :'( please stop it already. You don't see us Owl fans crying about it, the only people I see making a big deal about it are the teams we have beaten :o again get over it.

Ah, so little FAU again has made a commitment or should I say a goal to win the SBC and what is wrong with that, should we plan to come in second or wait third or fourth or last, please - winners think about winning - period, again get over it. And if I remember, Coach has made it clear that we won't be winning the National Championship this year - does that make you feel better.

Excuse me, Bytor, but there is a big difference in saying that your team is good enough to win the conference title and flat out saying you will win the title. Not even Darryl Dickey of North Texas has ever guaranteed his team would win the Sun Belt.

Howard Schnellenberger wasn't showing confidence in his team in his comments. He's trying to tell the world that the rest of the conference is so dang pathetic, there's no way his team could lose.

That is what Howard is REALLY saying, but I would 't expect you to understand that.

But that's okay, we'll get him this year and show him that the Sun Belt has good teams and FAU is not the only team in the conference. You lost 28 seniors and you're horrible at home. 2003 was a fluke and 2004 we were too overconfident to give FAU our A-game.

I can't wait to see the best recruiting class in the Sun Belt and the one team in the conference that returns more starters than any other team show your inexperienced team what it can do when it plays for real.
Back to the top

Blue Raider,
Do you know anything about psychology or motivation?? Schnellenberger also stated we'd compete for the national championship in a few years…If Schnellenberger didn't say and believe the grand things that he said, who else would??? It is called motivation and a self-fulling prophecy, not disrespect.
He said a lot of the same stuff we he first went to Louisville, and boy was he wrong there ::)!! Oh, wait he laid the ground work for a top 5 program in the country there, didn't he?
If your team needs three years to prepare for one team, then I suggest that you let your coaches take a page out of Schnellenberger's motivational book. Or if you don't want to prepare them to our coach, have them look at a bold president who said we'd go to the moon…now how did that work out??
Back to the top

But that's okay, we'll get him this year and show him that the Sun Belt has good teams and FAU is not the only team in the conference. You lost 28 seniors and you're horrible at home. 2003 was a fluke and 2004 we were too overconfident to give FAU our A-game.

I can't wait to see the best recruiting class in the Sun Belt and the one team in the conference that returns more starters than any other team show your inexperienced team what it can do when it plays for real.

STOP WHINING ALREADY.. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
You are unbelievable! Now you're back on the mtsu bandwagon again.

2003: Your defensive set(coaches?) allowed us to win. 2004: Overconfident and didn't bring the "A" game and "when it plays for real"?Coaches again! They CAN'T prepare the PLAYERS for lack of dicipline. UNDICIPLINED according to your own assesment!
Maybe your worried about the wrong coach.

You guys should take a page from UNT and stop whining. We beat a good UNT team which was better than mtsu. But we never hear excuses from them. You mtsu guys need to find another whining story and find a way to BEAT FAU on the field.

A 3rd year D1-AA team beat you the first game.
A 4th year D1-AA team beat you the 2nd time
*Not fully D1-A because you had more scholarships than us.. ;D
Maybe we just have better athletes here than you do up in murfreesboro.

Let's find another angle to debate blueraiderpride. This one is getting old. We won and the series is 2-0. You can put as many asterisk or explanations next to the column but facts are facts.

FAU 2
MTSU 0
Back to the top
Control functions: