Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

February Ask The Commissioner

Looks like we got some props from the commish during his last address.

http://www.sunbeltsports.org/info/askthecommissioner#PASTQUESTIONS

Football Questions

Question (Thad J. Potier): Does the Sun Belt have a chance of adding a second Bowl game for next season? Also a question for all Sun Belt sports: I noticed that Middle Tennessee basketball team has a Sun Belt logo on jerseys upper left (perfect size and location very noticeable). Why not make it requirement for all sports?

Commissioner Wright Waters: Thad, great questions. First, we are now in discussions with three bowls about a future relationship. We have also met with the New Orleans Bowl and they are eager to extend the contract. All of this was made possible by the strong showing of Troy and FAU. Now can it get done by next year, maybe not; all 28 bowls are currently under contract through the 2005 season. But we will see, it is a priority in our office to get it done as soon as possible, but that might be after the 2005 season. The second question is a good one, we have gone back and forth on this issue, you would like for people to have enough pride in the league that you don't have to fine people for not wearing the patch and in fairness, I think all of our schools understand the concept of branding and are participating in some style shape or form. The ADs adopted a 2005 football plan last week and agreed to consider a basketball plan at their next meeting.

Back to the top

Take note all of you MTSU posters who complain about FAU. The commissioner mentioned Troy and FAU. Not MTSU. Looks as though the Owls are making the SBC a better conference. GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

He'll mention them this year when they beat FAU since we're losing all of our seniors. Besides the other two games we won, don't count. ::)

Another bowl would be nice. That will give a few more teams a chance to showcase their programs on TV. Regardless of what conference it is a bowl for players is still an accomplishment. Simply put, that means they beat who was on their schedule.
Back to the top

O.G., are you conceding victory to MTSU? It doesn't sound as though you are very optimistic.

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

I think he was being sarcastic :)
Back to the top

The great OZ from the North and other wishful naysayers has spoken and we're doomed! I'm really considering writing off the season and just mailing in the stats for 2005. We don't stand a chance against anyone this year because of the loss of seniors. The sky will be falling starting with the first practice. Any victories this season will be because the other teams played poorly. Our defense will have nothing to do with it. Our offense will only stumble to victory when the opposing defense allows us to score.
Woe is me… :( :( :(

Have to go and call Walgreens now. I think I need my prozac refilled.
Back to the top

Did you say we're doomed :o so the end is near as prophesied ::) :'(

O.G., forget the prozac and do something worth doing -I mean the end is here, might as well live it up while you can 8-)

Back to the top

OG…

Do I detect a sense of humor? ;)

…….naaaaa cant be!

We need to all meet up at the MTSU game so we can make as much noise as possible when we whoop some asssssss

CAN YOU SMELLLLLLL WHAT THE OWLS ARE COOKING!!!!!!!! ;D
Back to the top

OG…

Do I detect a sense of humor? ;)

…….naaaaa cant be!

We need to all meet up at the MTSU game so we can make as much noise as possible when we whoop some asssssss

CAN YOU SMELLLLLLL WHAT THE OWLS ARE COOKING!!!!!!!! ;D

I've been known to dabble in humor. My wife and kids laughs at me all the time even when I'm not talking. They just point and laugh ;D

How about "The Rundown" when we start cooking on defense!!
Back to the top

Did you say we're doomed :o so the end is near as prophesied ::) :'(

O.G., forget the prozac and do something worth doing -I mean the end is here, might as well live it up while you can 8-)

Good point Bytor, I've always wanted to streak like Will's character from Old School. :-[
Back to the top
Control functions: