Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Possible SBC move

Rumor on the NIU board is that MTSU is contemplating a move to the MAC. Since Marshall is leaving to go to the BigEast the MAC wants to add a team to balance the conferences. MTSU is in their sights. GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Possible SBC move

Thats what I saw on the other post that brought all the BlueRaider posting. They talk about loyalty and make comments about schnelly comments, whereas MTSU shuffled around and now its begining to slip out of there intentions which is to leave the SBC to join the MAC.
Back to the top

Possible SBC move

If MTSU leaves that would suck - just when our match-up was turning into a nice little heated rivalry. Darn.
Back to the top

Possible SBC move

who cares about a rivalry with MTSU. Bring me the big east. The SBC is just a stepping stone.
Back to the top

Possible SBC move

Possible SBC move

It is crazy that they complain about us disrespecting the SBC and then it sneaks out that they have plans to jump ship because they want to be in a more competetive conference. The funny thing is that Blueraiderpride was knocking the MAC on the NIU board. He was saying that it was a weak conference. However, NIU, the third place team in the MAC did a number on Troy, the #1 team in the SBC.

MTSU can't leave until the conference finds a replacement in order to keep the minimum number of teams. Therefore, I don't see the move being made any time in the near future. Probably not for 3-4 years. In other words, we might be leaving the SBC at the time that MTSU leaves. GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top
Control functions: