Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

MTSU loses another DC. FAU will miss him.

Our friends from M'Boro just lost their 3rd DC in two years ??? Like one poster says,It's not because they have created winning defenses there at Middle Tenn. I know when big dollars come calling people listen. Maybe that's the case but is that the only reason?
Any light on the sunbect BlueRaiderPride?

Who's the likely replacement?

Defensive coordinator leaves for LSU

By Adam Sparks
DNJ Staff Writer

MTSU defensive coordinator Bradley Dale Peveto has left the Blue Raiders to accept an assistant position at LSU.

Peveto will serve under new LSU coach Les Miles as the Tigers' special teams coordinator and a defensive position coaching role yet to be determined.

"This all happened in a hurry, and it was really a huge honor for me," Peveto said. "I didn't interview for the job. They just offered it to me (Monday), and I took it as an opportunity to advance in this profession.

"It's a happy time and a sad time both. We loved Middle Tennessee and Murfreesboro, but I just felt this was something that came up and I couldn't pass it up."

MTSU's defensive coordinator position will be filled soon, according to head coach Andy McCollum.

Meanwhile, the Blue Raiders have said goodbye to their third defensive coordinator in two years, and McCollum has lost another coach to a school from a major conference ? including the Big 12, Big 10, SEC and ACC, among others.

Peveto was the Blue Raiders' defensive coordinator for one season and was preceded by Mike Collins, who served about two weeks at MTSU before also leaving for LSU. However, he is no longer with LSU, as former Tigers head coach Nick Saban was hired as coach of the Miami Dolphins.

"That's the way it's gone, and it's a compliment to the program at Middle Tennessee as much as anything," Peveto said. "I believe Middle Tennessee is right on track, and it's going to be a good team next season. I really believe that, and that's what makes this so tough.

"I really love those kids and that staff, and I'm really going to miss them. We (wife Melissa and daughter Payton Marie) loved the area, we loved our church (Belle Aire Baptist), and we loved all the people there. It's just happy and sad at the same time."

Peveto was on the MTSU coaching staff for two years overall following a four-year stint at Houston. He also coached Northwestern State, Arkansas, Southern Miss, Stephen F. Austin and Trinity Valley Community College.

"That's one good thing about it: I get to move closer to home," said Peveto, a native of Orangefield, Texas, which is about 140 miles west of Baton Rouge, La.

"I think I'll be recruiting the same Houston area, and I'll be near my family. There's positives and negatives to this, but I think it's a great step for us. But I'll always love Middle Tennessee no matter where I'm at. It's just about the greatest place to live."

Originally published February 9, 2005

Back to the top

8-)
Back to the top
Control functions: