Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

question for the board

when we officially know if were 1A in 05'? In april at the ncaa meeting? I can't wait till espn, yahoo and all the others have listed as a 1A team…… I hope we also get a team overview in all the publications this summer for the season reviews, we were only in one of about five last year.
Back to the top

question for the board

I think that we are already in Div 1, all our games count toward conference standings now, thats why we can play the bigger teams because their games against us count. I don't know if we would be eligible for a bowl yet though.
Back to the top

question for the board

For all intent and purposes we are D1-A. The official tag hasn't been attached yet pending The NCAA meeting. I don't see any problems because of the attendance issue. There will probably be modifications or disgarding of the rule itself.

Looks like we will not have to repeat the transitional year from D1-AA again in 2005.
That makes us officially D1-A for the 2005 season. We will get some recognition from the press after the smoke clears. What will be nice is the spot where they rate us out of the 119 total D1-A teams. I'm sure it won't be at the bottom!
Back to the top

question for the board

as soon as they see schnelly's name……..top 15 without a doubt.
Back to the top

question for the board

question for the board

ha just kidding.
Back to the top

question for the board

But as I understand it, we're still not eligible for post-season play until re complete the transition period, which would be the 2006 season.

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

question for the board

But as I understand it, we're still not eligible for post-season play until re complete the transition period, which would be the 2006 season.

I thought it was a one year transitional period and the "limbo" year was last year(2004). Then the team was eligible for post season the following "full" year in D1-A(2005).

I could be wrong about the required transitional years. Then that would fall in line with your 2006 projection.
Back to the top

question for the board

I believe that is correct O.G. at least that is the way Schnelly made it sound at the Banquet as did a few others.
Back to the top

question for the board

I thought it was a one year transitional period and the "limbo" year was last year(2004). Then the team was eligible for post season the following "full" year in D1-A(2005).

I could be wrong about the required transitional years. Then that would fall in line with your 2006 projection.
That's what I thought too..
Back to the top

question for the board

FAU will be eligible to play in a 1A bowl in 2005.
Back to the top
Control functions: