Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Conference Tourney Tiebreakers?

Add topic

Does anyone know who holds the tie-breakers between us and lipscomb, mercer, and stetson?

lipscomb's win last night hurts us a bit…not sure if we would now need to go 2-0 this week to make the touney.
Back to the top

i don't know but i would assume it goes by your overall record which would screw us because we didn't win anything out of conference.

Garnder webb plays ucf on thursday night. That will determine first place pretty much. If they win there guaranteed first and shouldn't play us to hard heading into the conference tourney.

we have cambell who hasn't won a game. if we lose that we should just drop the program all together.

I actually like are chances if gardner webb wins tomorrow night. everyone else will be killing each other to get in and we could have two potential gravy games to get in.
Back to the top

the sunsentinel said today there could essentially be a 10 way tie for second place.
Back to the top

Found this on the atlantic sun web-site:

Seedings & Tiebreakers
a. Compare tied teams' (two or more) won-loss % versus all teams in the tie.
b. Compare tied teams' won-loss % versus the top ranked team not in the tie, descending to the next highest placed team until an advantage is gained.
c. Coin flip.

We are 2-0 vs Stetson, 0-2 vs GSU, and 1-1 against pretty much everyone else we could fall into a tie with. In that case we need to root for GSU to win (so they aren't included in a tie-breaker) and Stetson to win (so they are). Of course, two wins this week would solve all that.
Back to the top

we barely beat cambell last night but quinton young had a career game hitting ten three's…. bell had an off night with ten points.

G Webb lost to UCF which is not good. Were in for a big game saturday.
Back to the top

Well, Stetson is now out after last nights loss to Mercer. Not what we wanted since Mercer is back tied with us…also GSU's loss doesn't help. Even with a win, we could find ourselves in a tiebreaker for the last spot. A lot will depend on Sunday's game results.
Back to the top
Control functions: