Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Michigan 4,FAU 1-Owls now 6-4

Add topic

Unfortunately FAU dropped their second straight to a big 10 team tonight going down because of three unearned runs and great pitching from Derek Feldkam of Michigan. Michigan went to 3-0 with the win and look to have a strong team this year so no shame in this loss, but very disappointing to see the bats have so much trouble getting going.
FAU plays the exhibition against the St. Louis Cardinals on Wednesday before heading out to play UNLV in Vegas Friday thru Sunday.
Back to the top

PAINFUL is the word that comes to mind in watching the Owls struggle so far this young season. They have shown that they have the ability to come back with the wins against Cinci and Purdue, which may be the silver lining thus far. Lipman has shined while the rest of the team is dying for something to go their way, whether it is a hard hit ball that gets through rather than being hit right at someone or a defensive play that doesn't go awry. The hitting slumps and the mistakes that have been plagueing these guys should be sending them to their knees asking forgiveness for whatever sin it is that is bringing judgement upon them. :-/ The bad fortune they have been experiencing thus far has a tendency to bring about the mindset that makes it hard to get out of the funk they are in. They need to maintain a positive attitude and just work their way out of this. If they keep swinging the bats and playing hard, eventually things will start going their way. Hopefully sooner than later.
One thing I know for sure….nobody is hurting more than these guys right now (except maybe KC & Mac :'()and nobody wants to see things turn around more than them as well. They need the fan support more now than when they are on a roll, and before they know it, they will be.
It's unfortunate that Storey's starting debut was marred by the errors and unearned runs, but mark my words….that guy is going to be something special for the Owls. He has all the tools to make a huge impact.
I hope the guys have fun on the UNLV trip and come home ready to start conference play in 10 days.
Go Owls!
Back to the top
Control functions: