Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Hockey in Competition at Nationals

Add topic

FAU lost to Wright State yesterday 10-1. HOWEVER, Wright State may very well be the best in the nation as they manhandled us as well.

FAU is currenly playing #16 Texas.

The winner of that game will play the defending ACHA National Champions from Calvin College tomorrow at 4:30pm. The loser of this game will play #14 Richmond at 1:30pm tomorrow.

Back to the top

After getting hammered 10-1 by Wright State on Wednesday, as is mentioned above, The Owls bounced back with an 8-2 win over Texas Thursday.

This is in the American Collegiate Hockey Association (not NCAA) national Div. 3 tournament near Pittsburgh.

The Owls are seeded 9 of the 16 teams. Wright, which beat FAU, is seeded 8. Texas, which lost to FAU, is seeded 16.

The Owls play Calvin College, seeded 6, Friday.

With two games remaining to be played Thursday, two teams are 2-0. One of them is Florida Gulf Coast. The Owls are among seven teams with 1-1 records.

Here's the link:

http://sai.cup.edu/sai/clubs/hockey/acha/schedule.php
Back to the top

After getting hammered 10-1 by Wright State on Wednesday, as is mentioned above, The Owls bounced back with an 8-2 win over Texas Thursday.

This is in the American Collegiate Hockey Association (not NCAA) national Div. 3 tournament near Pittsburgh.

The Owls are seeded 9 of the 16 teams. Wright, which beat FAU, is seeded 8. Texas, which lost to FAU, is seeded 16.

The Owls play Calvin College, seeded 6, Friday.

With two games remaining to be played Thursday, two teams are 2-0. One of them is Florida Gulf Coast. The Owls are among seven teams with 1-1 records.

Here's the link:

http://sai.cup.edu/sai/clubs/hockey/acha/schedule.php

Florida Gulf Coast is now looking like the best team in the tournament. I know I said Wright was probably the best, but that was before they lost to Hope College.

FGCU was who I predicted to win it all anyway.

FGCU defeated Penn State-Delco 7-1 yesterday. That same Penn State-Delco team defeated Calvin College 5-4 the day before.
Back to the top
Control functions: