Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Jared

Sorry if this has been addressed already, but I just can't find it. How did Jared do at the combine? Anyone see any predictions?

I saw him listed as the #15 QB in my local bookstore in Jax, but this was before the combine.

Please let me know if there's anyting you guys know.
Back to the top

Jared

The only thing I know was the article posted on here awhile ago from the PPB. It all sounds positive..

Allen represents FAU well

By Greg A. Bedard

Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Monday, February 28, 2005

INDIANAPOLIS ? The development of the Florida Atlantic football program took another step Sunday when former quarterback Jared Allen became the first Owl to compete in the NFL scouting combine.

"It's a big honor," Allen said. "Hopefully, I'm the first of a long line as Florida Atlantic's name gets pretty well known around here."

Allen and linebacker Chris Laskowski ? who both played in all 47 games the Owls have played since the program started in 2002 ? became the first Owls to play in a showcase game last month at the Hula Bowl.

This time, Allen was all by himself alongside such top prospects as Aaron Rodgers and Alex Smith.

"It's just crazy that you're with guys that are going to be multimillionaires in about a month," Allen said. "Some guys that are here, like me, would just be happy to get drafted. Then there are others that are going to be very well off very soon. It's just very cool to see that."

Allen ran the 40-yard dash ? finishing with a decent time that put him in the middle of the other quarterbacks ? and competed in throwing drills. According to one scout, Allen "threw the ball well, especially on deep balls."

Allen said the NFL's annual meat market ? where prospects are poked, prodded and analyzed for five days ? has been "crazy."

"There's a lot of pressure," said Allen, who is a long shot to be drafted. "Basically they just try to evaluate you. You do sort of feel like a lab rat, but it's their investment so I guess it's their right to do that. They're putting a lot of money into you so they're trying to see what they're getting."

Allen was interviewed by several teams, including the Dolphins and the Buffalo Bills, by quarterback guru Sam Wyche, the former Cincinnati Bengals coach.

"After my interview with coach Wyche, we were just talking about football and he gave me a game situation," Allen said. "After my answer, he said, 'You're ready. You can learn our offense.' That gave me some good confidence."

Back to the top

Jared

I think we'll start to hear more stuff as the draft get closer. I usually don't watch much of draft day stuff, but this year may be different, I'll be interesting to see
some of the talk if any is given to some of the players being considered.
Back to the top

Jared

Thank you both.

This all sounds relatively promising. I was seeing 6th or 7th round projections before the combine, and I hadn't heard if his stock had risen any.

I think when a team sees he was tutored by Howard, that's a big plus. It shows he can run a pro-style offense.

But kind of like he was saying, he's just wanting to get drafted.

I'm in Jax and I heard the Jags talked to him too. He wouldn't likely ever get much playing time here, but we are likely to lose our 2nd string QB (David Garrard).

It should all be interesting to watch…
Back to the top

Jared

I've been reading this bored for awhile…and now that I've graduated I figured it was time to join :) I started at FAU the first year we started football….got to know coach and several of the guys and graduated with some of them this past December.

All that to say….Ive known Jared forever (and like every girl…had a crush on him at one point ;) ) and I was at the beach with him yesterday…sounds like things are looking very good…I didnt get too many details, but he's living in Mephis, training hard, and waiting for his big day…I told him he better not forget about us…
Back to the top

Jared

Jared

Welcome to the board fauchic. We can use the company o this board. We've been trying to keep the fans informed on FAU's progress and just everyday happenings.
As you can see most of us are very passionate fans who support the players.
You were with very special group of players who started this program. I'm sure that they, and Jared,will not forget you. ;)

Don't be a stranger and spread the word about the board. 8-)

Good luck in your profession.
Back to the top

Jared

I've been reading this bored for awhile…and now that I've graduated I figured it was time to join :) I started at FAU the first year we started football….got to know coach and several of the guys and graduated with some of them this past December.

All that to say….Ive known Jared forever (and like every girl…had a crush on him at one point ;) ) and I was at the beach with him yesterday…sounds like things are looking very good…I didnt get too many details, but he's living in Mephis, training hard, and waiting for his big day…I told him he better not forget about us…

Well, please send our best along to Jared. Tell him that even old alumns like myself are pulling for him. Well, just 33…not THAT OLD!
Back to the top
Control functions: