Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Pre Spring drills

What would you guys like the see in the spring practices and game? And which will be more successful?

More running plays.
More passing plays.
More trick plays.

Hurry up spring practice.. ::)
Back to the top

Pre Spring drills

I would like to see a good mix of all three but with a few more added running plays.
Back to the top

Pre Spring drills

I can honestly see us running the ball more next year, which could make for an effective air attack. With a young line up front, I can see us throwing a few trick play in there to loosen up the opposing D.

I am very interested in seeing how the character of these team will developed during spring & fall practices.

The end of the month does seem like a long time away :(
Back to the top

Pre Spring drills

The mixture will be nice for the youngsters. The run will be exciting with the make you miss type of backs we have now. DParker wasn't that type of back. He would lower the boom and run you over! Daveon Barron was that type but he was undersized.

Embick's ability to get out of the pocket should also prove interesting for the defense. Scramble and 10 yard dump off passes will get us down the field in a hurry!
Nothing against Dane Hansen but I'm still saying Embick at QB. The job is his to lose.
Back to the top

Pre Spring drills

You all want a wide open, inventive and fun to watch offense??

McKINSON SOUVERAIN!!!

I'll keep saying it until I get to see him play in person, but I'm pulling for him. Embicks scrambling ability has nothing on him.
I know I know, it's not Schnellys style to run the option. I can dream can't I?
Back to the top

Pre Spring drills

There is no question that Souverain would make this a fun offense to wacth, the guy can move, but I have to agree with O.G. on the fact that it's Embick job to lose.
He has the must experience of the bunch and has show he can be effective under center on moving the ball, whether it's with his arms or run. The biggest job up for grabs will be the back-up position.

Hansen or Souverain, both have different styles and will be interesting how that plays out with the subsitutions during the actual games.

Souverain is a type of player that comes along once in a blue moon - how he fits into our system i don't know, but should make for some fun.

Go Owls!!
Back to the top

Pre Spring drills

Very true statement about someone like McKinson coming along in a blue moon. He is the type that drives defenses nuts because at any second he can turn a pass game into run and in his case a a sprint for the end zone and visa versa.
Back to the top

Pre Spring drills

He was heavyly recruited and we where one of the few recruiting him as a QB - it rather interesting that for a coaching staff that likes a pocket QB to even recruit this type of QB, then again sometimes its about the quality of the recruit and this guy does have a bunch of talent.

You never know maybe coach will have a soft spot and bend a little and let him run wild and take over.
Back to the top

Pre Spring drills

Pre Spring drills

Question, what type of offense did Nord run at his previous place of employment, This may reflect the statement Bytor just made about the soft spot. Just something to think about.
Back to the top

Pre Spring drills

Not to familiar with the type of offenses he (Nord) had, but worth looking into.

The great coaches usually have a way of making use of the talent they have in a way that will benefit the team the best , that said I would expect nothing less from this coaching staff and to utilies his talent to it fullest potential - all that well remain is will he take advantage of the opportunity. The great atheletes usually shine when given the chance.
Back to the top
Control functions: