Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Recruiting class?

I was suprised to hear that we only have recruited 24 players… I just want to get some opinions as to how all of you feel our recruiting class is this year. To be honest with you im allitle dissapointed and discourged this year… especially after seeing UCF's and what they were able to get
Back to the top

Recruiting class?

bighooter remember that we have 25 recruits,which I felt was a good class, from last year and 24 newbies this year, that is a lot of players that are eager to show what they can do. This year class of recruits is the best group we have assemble yet.

I am excited to see this guys in action come spring practice (minus the newbies of course), this is an exciting time for this program with the agressive schedule set forth - the learning curve is getting smaller every year.
Back to the top

Recruiting class?

It might be the best recruiting class yet but Im used to seeing guys with experence that have been conditioned by Schnellenberger for 5 years... Right out of the gates Im worried they may be a little shaky... remember most of the guys that we are depending on are used to playing at the highschool level and at the start of the season we take on Kansas, Louisville, Oklahoma St., Minnosota..... Thats a big jump from playing highschool ball......
Back to the top

Recruiting class?

this could be the hardest intial three games in the country
Back to the top

Recruiting class?

I wouldn't worry about the inexperienced players too much. Most of the guys PLAYED and practiced with the outgoing seniors. Some may not think it's a big deal but practicing in college is still years beyond playing in high school. The game experience will catch up eventually. The HS kids will only fill in certain spots. Look at the upcoming spring roster and you'll see the depth chart will include not too many HS kids.

Friendly reminder:
It will be hard to gauge this years team vs last years team. The schedule is much harder this year. The only true gauge will be the Sun Belt schedule. That's the only common factor between the two years. So if we start out on the negative side of the win/loss column, maybe we can chalk it up to tougher schedule instead of the lost seniors. We don't know how they would have fared against this group either.

We'll be ok.
Back to the top

Recruiting class?

IMO, some of these guys could have been starters last year, but held back and for good reason. Also, they have seen what it's like to play at a higher level, some of those players made some road trips, just to get a glispes of what to expect later - it's amazing what one can learn from the sideline.

It's safe to say that going undefeated won't be a prediction being made at the begginning of the season. I still say we will pull at least one upset in the first four games.
Back to the top

Recruiting class?

That would be the highlight of my year.... If we take louisville beers on me......
Back to the top

Recruiting class?

That would be the highlight of my year…. If we take louisville beers on me……

I'll take a Samuel Jackson please…I mean a Samuel Adams.. ;D
Back to the top

Recruiting class?

Recruiting class?

I will hold you to that bighooter!
Then again if we win that game I'll be too excited to even think about it.
Back to the top

Recruiting class?

Hell, I'll chip in and we can get a keg…. a kind of message board tailgate party or postgame party…
Back to the top
Control functions: