Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Is anyone following this Shiavo mess?

Add topic

This is really a wacky situation and manuevering around the court system. Regardless of opinions on who is right or wrong, I really look hard at the way the system is being utilized!
Back to the top

I say pull the feeding tube. 15 years of stareing at a wall is lacking quality of life... I think its unfair to her to keep her living in such a state. Concious or not thats no way to live and personally I would want them to pull the plug on me.
Back to the top

I really look hard at the way the system is being utilized!

It really shows how a particular group with certain political affiliation and/or agenda can influence politician into supporting a cause.

This is out of control, it has been in front of at least seven judges and it looks like more will be involved in this case which should have been handled between family members, it is a family affairs if you ask me, there is no way I want the goverment stepping into my affairs and telling me how to handle any situation. These right wing relegious groups are the reason we are losing more and more of are rights.

This started as a case I could have careless about, for the reason that, it had absolutely no effect on me whatsoever, again this a decision that family memebers should be able to handle like ADULTS.

Now, I have to pay attention to this nonsense because it could very well have some long terms effect that will effect my freedom in the future - we should be affraid of losing our freedom not to terrorrist, but these right wing groups who keep chipping away at out freedoms because they think they know what is best for me & you.

The general public better start waking up and start EDUCATING themselve concerning the issues that effect there lifes everyday and stop depending on our so called leaders & elected official to tell us what is best for them, in general, the general public is way to gulible. The politicians have forgotten who they are suppose to represent, THE PEOPLE, not these factions with agendas and a pocket full of money, then again the politicians once elected can only see green.

Back to the top

This has become a political circus and to go as high as washington on this is absurd. 15 years staring at a wall and 10 years of court apperences. Take the tape off your mouths and get a life on second thought keep the tape on your mouths. Everybody is tired of listening to that crap.
Back to the top

Strange twist on our society this past week. The front pages carry a rush of a bill from DC to get involved in a family matter in Pinellas County. The next column carry a monster pervert who walked among us at will and labeled as a predator in Citrus County. He got a second,third etc chance. The protesters and congress were at the wrong house/address. They should have been in Homosssa Springs for a Jennifer Lunsford bill to be passed.
Back to the top

There a lot more pressing issue DC has to morry about, priorities are really screwed when politicians can even make this an issue of just importance :P
Back to the top

Would you believe that some of the 30 year criminal history of the killer of this 9 year old(Jessica), was suppressed and he was monitored by the Salvation Army!!!!????

They're set up to handle misdemeaners for the half- way house type of criminals!
Back to the top

And remember thats our tax dollars at work. I agree, about the more pressing issues that was mentioned. Damn enough is enough already. The parents have no idea what husband and wife decided. I know my wife and I both have said pull the plug who would want to live like that.
Back to the top

I've had to make tough decisions concerning loved ones and at one point the greiving peroid must stop and you must move on with life - hanging on does no one any good. The parents are putting themselve through way to much pain for no reason, you can love someone even if they are not present, strenght is showing that you have the ability to move on with life, they have to realize that they must take care of themselves and live life.

On a political note: I get the feeling that we don't elect leaders anymore, but merely puppets. The lobbist, factions and big corporation are the one pulling the strings. Our founding fathers must be rolling in theirs graves.
Back to the top

Bytor, you're right. It's a shame that this poor woman has become a pawn in a game of politics. There is no depth to which some of the vote-suckers in Congress will not descend. As someone suggested, it is a very good reminder to all of us who do not wish to be shown on TV, propped up in bed and drooling, that we should make our wills, and other paperwork, iron-clad. Otherwise, beware government officials (and other agenda-driven interests) who see a chance to score gains at our expense. A sad day, indeed. May that poor woman, as well as those who truly care about her, find peace. The rest of us should simply butt out.
Back to the top
Control functions: