Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU 3, Lipscomb 1 (Final)

Add topic

FAU assured itself of a conference series win(finally!) with a 3-1 win over Lipscomb to go to 21-13,9-8 on the year. Brandon Kloess did an excellent job for FAU in his first weekend start with 5 2/3 scoreless innings.
When the announcement was made of the benching of the whole starting rotation, the thing that worried me the most was moving Mike McBryde into the rotation. Apparently Coach Cooney has reconsidered because McBryde cam in to pitch two scoreless innings to get the save for FAU. McBryde is just too valuable in CF and as a closer to take him away from that. Maybe he will still start tomorrow but I would think not. I have no idea who will start for FAU tomorrow but hopefully they can finish off the sweep for us because it sure is nice to be over .500 in the conference! :)
Back to the top

I have much more confidence in Akins ability to handle CF in McBryde's absence, than I have of either Crotta, Mann or Salberg holding any team scoreless. Why deviate from his plan now when it appears to be just what we needed to turn things around? Would you rather see Crotta (or whoever) come in and pitch us into a hole so we can try to climb out?…….That's the pattern we are trying (and have done successfully for two games now!) to get away from. I vote for McBryde to complete the sweep.

If Mascia gets picked off of 1B in game 3 he should be runnin' laps until he falls down from exhaustion!! Enough already!!

Go Owls!! COMPLETE THE SWEEP WITH McBRYDE ON THE MOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to the top
Control functions: