Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Minnesota

Hey Minnesota fan here… I am very excited for next season as I am sure many of you are as well. Congrats on going D1 it sounds like you will have a good program down there. Basically I am just wondering about your team. What kind of record are you guys predicting this year? What kind of offense/ defense do you run?

A little about MN… We run primarily a zone blocking scheme which pretty much no team has figured out how to shut down. It is probably as efficient as a good short passing game…however the defense has held the offense back for the past few years. Our top RB Maroney could get heisman consideration this year. The passing game was basically just throw the ball deep last year which left the QB with a 47% completion average but something like 20 ypc. The defense should be better this year with the exception of the CBs.

I look forward to discussing your team and the upcoming game.
Back to the top

Minnesota

Hey, welcome to the board. Some of these guys could probably speek better on percentages and stuff but until they post Ill give you an update. We like to run a pro style offense, no shot gun here. We lost a lot of great tallent last year due to graduate so this will be our rebuilding year. Jared Allen, you may have heard of him was our QB. A great one at that, you could always count on him to complete to bynes, or hill. All of which are gone. It is tough to judge what our record is going to be, although we did just fine inthe Sunbelt the caliber of schools we are playing has changed dramaticly this year. You guys, louisville, oklahoma st., Kansas all will pose to be difficlut. Only time will tell if our young group can out perform the past, one things for sure if the young guys dont step up this season could be ugly.
Back to the top

Minnesota

Welcome to the board. It is difficult to say how we will be this year. We will have many new faces on both offense and defense. Expect a lot of speed from our team and a consistent passing attack. We haven't been known to run the ball with great success. Defensively we play with lots of heart and plenty of speed. Expect a straight 4-3 with some blitzes from the linebackers. We are still a bit undersized so schemes and speed are important for us on defense. It will be an interesting game to see how we match up with a power running attack. Best of luck to Minnesota and GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Minnesota

Most FAU fans will mirror the same opin. We can't really say what we have coming back. We will be young in some areas but some actually have some game experience.

A new OC will make things interesting when we have the ball. Don't really know what to expect yet or who will be the go-to-guy. The DC will probably be a little conservative until he get the feel of the new guys on the DL. The DB's are the most experienced of the group and should prove the same type of tenacity as last year.

You guys, along with the other 3 teams,will be a major step up in our schedule.

Again, welcome to the board.
Back to the top

Minnesota

Minnesota

just remember, vegas had us as 22.5 dogs and we won the game by seven……. the boys out from the corn fields maybe bigger and more experienced but the boys from florida will run you into the ground……. and you don't have a guy on the sidelines in a suit with a pipe.

I hope to see matt d. tailgating it up at this game with the owl faithful. I'm flying in for this one……. And may even take a few liberties with some of the gopher coeds!!!!
Back to the top

Minnesota

Wow, your bringing your A game to Minneapolis. Look out ladies. None of us really know what to expect from this young Owl team. It will be an interesting contest. Word to the wise, don't underestimate us. Minnesota got a bit of a scare from Northern Iowa last year so anything is possible. GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Minnesota

Thanks for the gracious welcome. I really hope that the team doesn't underestimate the owls because I have seen some of the teams they beat. It was actually Illinois St that gave MN a bit of a scare last year. I wouldn't be at all suprised to see your team move the ball fairly well as our pass d is the most suspect. It should be full of offense and fun to watch.

I am also very impressed with the non conf schedule you guys are playing. It has to be one of the tougher in D1.
Back to the top
Control functions: