Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Oklahoma State game.....

.....will be on ESPN2. Confirmed.
Back to the top

Oklahoma State game.....

AWESOME CHECK IT OUT

"We are excited about being able to raise the visibility of our program by playing this difficult schedule," said FAU athletics director Craig Angelos. "Being able to play OSU at home and on Thursday night on ESPN/ESPN2 is a tremendous boost to our program. It is also a great opportunity to play three big-time football programs along with our Sun Belt games. This is the beginning of a great journey into (the) I-A ranks and we are going to be up for the challenge."

Back to the top

Oklahoma State game.....

The fact that the game will be on ESPN should put more butts in those seats.
Back to the top

Oklahoma State game.....

GREAT ....
Back to the top

Oklahoma State game.....

Can you imagine a night game in Ft Lauderdale. The real Owl fans, the "curious" Owls fans and OK State tourists should pack this place!

The Owl better have his dance steps together for this one. Maybe even check out the new Gwen Stafani video for some moves. Matter of fact the cheerleaders may want to take a peek.. :o
Back to the top

Oklahoma State game.....

Here's a look at what happened from the financial end of the deal. Angelos continues to amaze me with his dealings.. 8-)

Article:

Okla. St.-FAU moves for ESPN2

By Ted Hutton
Staff Writer
Posted April 22 2005

Florida Atlantic's home opener against Oklahoma State will be on national television after a deal was reached that will put the game on ESPN2, FAU Athletic Director Craig Angelos said Thursday.

In order to get the game televised, FAU and Oklahoma State agreed to move it from Sept. 10 to Thursday, Sept. 8. The game will be played at Dolphins Stadium with kickoff time to be determined.

"It made sense because it would give us our first nationally televised game and promote our program like no other way," Angelos said. Both teams will have a short practice week, since the Owls and Cowboys both open their seasons Sept. 3.

The game is part of an ambitious non-conference schedule that includes the season opener Sept. 3 at Kansas, playing at Minnesota on Sept. 17 and at Louisville on Oct. 1. FAU's seven Sun Belt games complete the schedule.

At one point FAU was considering an offer from a promoter to move the Oklahoma State game to the Cotton Bowl in Dallas and guaranteeing FAU a $400,000 payout.

But Angelos said FAU did not want to give up a home game against such a high-level opponent. "It's a tall task for our kids to play that schedule, but I think they are up to it," Angelos said.

The finances also worked out, since FAU will not have to pay the Cowboys a $150,000 game guarantee as part of the deal, and the Owls picked up another $300,000 when they agreed to play at Minnesota Sept. 17.

"We got to hold onto Oklahoma State as a home game, got on national TV, and made money by adding Minnesota," Angelos said. "It came together beautifully."

"The next best thing to playing for the national championship is playing the most difficult teams you can schedule, and that is what we have done," coach Howard Schnellenberger said.

Ted Hutton can be reached at [email protected]

Back to the top

Oklahoma State game.....

Oklahoma State game.....

Speaking of TV deals…
Are our away games still going to be televised? Are we still in contract or do they have to iron out a new deal?
Back to the top

Oklahoma State game.....

That is huge. I was supposed to be out of the country from mid June thru mid September. Looks like I will be back early for the game. GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Oklahoma State game.....

I hope the stadium is filled up. I think radio stations would be a great way to get the word out. thousand of listeners is better than convience store posters/outlets.
Back to the top

Oklahoma State game.....

Are our away games still going to be televised? Are we still in contract or do they have to iron out a new deal?

I was wondering that myself
Back to the top
Control functions: