Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Troy 19, FAU 9 (Troy wins series 2-1)

Add topic

For the second straight day Troy hammered FAU pitching and beat the Owls. Troy has scored 34 runs in the last two games-ouch! FAU drops to 24-15,11-10 on the year and is now in fifth place in the ASUN. On the bright side Mike McBryde had 4 hits for FAU and Fonseca and Dileberto had homers for the offense.
Now its on to Orlando to play UCF next weekend. We seriously need to win at least one if we want to stay inthe top 6 to get into the conference tournament. So a lot of pressure will be on Mickey Storey to bring us that win Friday because the rest of the starters dont look to sharp right now to get us that win! Lets hope we can get things going again next weekend!!
Back to the top

the blue wave has to gets it act together.
Back to the top

What a clinic! I hope KC got some video of these games to show to his players this week on how to hit the ball. Obviously we needed Storey to pitch every game in this series ;D
My assessment of FAU baseball at this point:
KC needs to be on suicide watch. Keep him away from sharp objects. He is beside himself trying to figure out the combination to turn things around. Hence, he has his players confused and bewildered. There's a thin line between motivating one to perform (via benching) and breaking one's spirit. I believe some of his players are on the brink of or already over the edge on having their spirits broken due to the juggling of the lineup. In a word, this season can be summed up in "inconsistant". The pitching has been inconsistant (excluding Storey); the hitting has been inconsistant; and hence, the lineup has been inconsistant. The last thing we need at this point is for the coaching to be inconsistant.
Back to the top

For all the worries about the offense at the begining of the season, that sure doesn't seem to be the problem. Bottom line, our pitching just hasn't been the same as in years past. One quality start a week isn't going to cut it. Why oh why couldn't Beam have had a couple more years of eligibility?

The rest of their schedule insn't too friendly either with UCF, Georgia State and Georgia Tech all on the road heading into the conference tourney. Like I said many times, our only real chance of making regionals this year is to win the A-Sun tournament, which FAU could pull off. They have shown flashes of being able to play 3-4 good games in a row.

But I think in reality they should be looking ahead to next year. Most of the team is sophomores and juniors and unless they get drafted and leave, they'll all be back next year. Plus the addition of some stud new recruits, including Kenny Grey from Atlantic High (who is an awesome pitcher and also can crush the ball - think a bigger version of McBryde) FAU should be back in form next season.

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top
Control functions: