Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

JARED ALLEN...success in Tampa...

http://buccaneers.com/news/newsdetail.aspx?newsid=4480

Jared is doing great…awesome picture…

Back to the top

Way COOOL… im a huge Buc's fan and I would love to see Jared make the team… Its hard to impress chucky lets hope this Owl can keep the good stuff comeing….
Back to the top

Good to see him doing well over there - he could fit in nicely in that type of system.
Back to the top

Just read the article and good for Jared I copied the important part of it if you don't want to go throught the link.

A Good Start

Maybe its in the name.

Last fall, defensive end Jared Allen, a fourth-round pick by the Kansas City Chiefs, was one of the league?s best rookies. The Idaho State product started the Chiefs? final 10 games and finished the season with an impressive nine sacks.

One of the noticeable standouts on Friday afternoon in the Buccaneers? rookie camp was one Jared Allen, a quarterback from Florida Atlantic. Allen, who led the FAU Owls to a 9-3 record last year and an 11-3 mark in 2003, was one of two quarterbacks brought to camp by Tampa Bay, along with Valdosta State?s Fabian Walker. Both are on tryout contracts.

?I thought Jared Allen, our quarterback, did a heck of a job,? said Gruden. ?I was really pleased with him. Some free agents did some nice things today, some guys who were a little bit under the radar. It was a good start.?<br>
Back to the top

Man, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Back to the top

Here is another good photo of Jared Allen in action at the Buc's mini camp:

http://buccaneers.com/av/photoview.aspx?imagepath=/media/photos/misc/AllenJ05_01_05_1_b.jpg&phototype=4&typeid=01%20M ay%202005&reset=true&title=Practice%20Photos%20-%2001%20May%
Back to the top

I have to say to you guys; that is pretty darn impressive. Another example of your coach, Schnellenberger, working his magic on another QB under his reigns. To be described as "impressive" in a rookie camp in the NFL is remarkable. And yes it's only a rookie camp without pads, but :o Gruden is a pretty seasoned veteran coach, and I'm sure he is no dummy in spotting talent. Heck, he made Brian Griese work for him.
Back to the top

I read the latest article about Fischer signing on with the Bucs. Does that mean that Jared didn't get picked up? Or is there still time?
Back to the top

I believe Allen was under a practice contract during the rookie camp, it may carry over to the summer camp.
Back to the top

Jared reminds me of a young Bret Farve in the way he handles himself on the field, his confidence and his toughness. I hope Tampa signs him.
Back to the top
Control functions: