Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

We ain't last

not sure how well these pollsters know FAU based off of their selection for biggest offensive loss:

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/3342530

I hope this isn't a repeat of a poll that was posted awhile back.
Back to the top

We ain't last

I don't know about that one. But I like this one better. This is from Jim Howell, who does such a great job of posting schedules before they are announced. He (like a lot of people) has some kind of computer ranking system. Here are his projections for Week 1 this fall (2005) for Florida teams:

Kansas over FAU by 8.5, total points 47, KU has .651 chance of winning straight-up (not vs. the spread)

Kansas State over FIU by 29, TP 53, KSU .895

Penn State over South Florida by 7, TP 46, .635

South Carolina over UCF by 20, TP 47, .830

Florida over Wyoming by 19, TP 53, .794

FSU over Miami by 4.5, TP 47, .517

Here is the link to Howell's projections for all first-week games for 2005:

http://www.jhowell.net/cf/cfpred.txt

On a separate site, Howell offers his version of pre-season (2005) power ratings for all I-A teams. Note: A team ranked slightly lower than an opponent might still be considered a favorite if playing at home.

3. Miami
7. FSU
18. Florida
78. South Florida
87. FAU
116. UCF
119. FIU

Kansas, the Owls' first opponent, is No. 76.

Here is the link to Howell's full pre-season (2005) power ranking list:

http://www.jhowell.net/cf/cf2005.htm

Fun to speculate, no? This would suggest that an Owls' upset of Kansas is not out of the question….
Back to the top

We ain't last

ouch…lol thats not good, but I think it may be fairly accurate. I know UCF should have a decent team this year. I would have actually ranked them a bit higher, they stole a few kids from jefferson high, FSU's training ground, Im thinking there offering more incentives than are allowed. Im hopeing for at least one upset this season and Im really hopeing for it to be us over OSU at home……. If that happens Im tearing down the goal posts… WHOOOOOO's with me….. I know pretty corny… lol
Back to the top

We ain't last

That #3 ranking for Miami seems rather high -
Interesting where we rank considering others have us much, much lower.
Back to the top

We ain't last

Either way we are ranked at worst in the middle of the Sun Belt, and after losing all the players that we did its kind of impressive. Just wait till our preseason rankings next year (once we return all these new starters)…save your money for a trip to New Orleans for the in December of 2006 (that's my prediction and I'm sticking to it)
Back to the top

We ain't last

I think they will do alright this year but the next couple should be pretty awesome.
Back to the top

We ain't last

This season will have a tremedous impact on the next two years, hopefully we can continue to prove people wrong.
Back to the top

We ain't last

bighooter I'll be hanging on the goalposts with ya if we beat OSU! I hope it's more than just the two of us though.
Actually, I bet we'd make it on Sportscenter, just two excited FAU fans dangling from the crossbar!!!
Back to the top

We ain't last

We ain't last

save me a spot.....
Back to the top

We ain't last

If you guys have an 8 foot ladder handy, I may give it the ol' college try and hang with you for a few seconds.. :-[

Back to the top
Control functions: