Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Dopherty's first recruit

Add topic

I heard from a friend of mine doherty signed a kid from philly, Paul Graham, a 6'4" shooting guard.

I don't know anything about him……
Back to the top

Dopherty's first recruit

Things have been rather quite since his hire, good to here something is happening as far as recruiting.
Back to the top

Dopherty's first recruit

he also has a verbal from some guard from florida.....
Back to the top

Dopherty's first recruit

Dopherty's first recruit

Here is the story on the Graham kid, Matt is kickin the cobb webs and cranking it up. Great start

Graham Signs with Men's Basketball
Philadelpha Lutheran Academy standout first to commit with Doherty

May 10, 2005

Florida Atlantic University men's basketball coach Matt Doherty has announced that Paul Graham has signed a National Letter of Intent to play basketball for the Owls beginning with the 2005-06 season. Graham is a 6-4, 185 guard from Philadelphia who played at Philadelphia Lutheran Academy.

"We are thrilled that Paul Graham will be joining our family at FAU," said Coach Doherty. "He will bring terrific talent and extreme competitiveness to our program. Paul is a great fit in Boca Raton and we look forward to him being on the ground floor of something special."

Graham was named a top-100 prep star while at Philadelphia Lutheran Academy, which finished third in the nation among Prep Schools.

"I really like the coaching staff at FAU," said Graham. "I felt comfortable around them and they treated me well on my visit. The staff seems to really care about their players."

Graham is the son of former NBA player Paul Graham who played for the Atlanta Hawks from 1991-94.

Back to the top

Dopherty's first recruit

I can feel the excitement that will surround this team next season - hopefully this will put more butts in those seats.

Back to the top

Dopherty's first recruit

WOW, we got a top 100 prep star!?! Not too shabby for your first ever recruit at a relatively unknown basketball school.

This season should be very exciting!!
Back to the top

Dopherty's first recruit

I dont normally post on this side, I'm more of a football guy. But I can tell you this, Doherty has just recruited me!
I was in the Oxley this afternoon and was upstairs buying my Football Season tix. Walked into the Athletic Offices and the new coach just walked up to me and introduced himself. We must have talked for about 10 minutes, he couldn't have been a nicer guy! Although he did break my balls for not buying basketball season tix! Either way, great guy, and he certainly has a new fan in me!!!
Back to the top

Dopherty's first recruit

ECU fan here again, I just surfed on to this thread after I posted about you guys landing Monroe.

I don't want to burst your bubble but the way your administration worded that is a little misleading. Graham was a top 100 prep star in the 5th year Senior category. Not for all recruits. I still think he will be a good player for you. He has the gene's from his old man apparently, but that list only included players from about 8 prep schools.

He played on one of the very best teams, but he was the 8th option on that team and the recruiting services were ranking him as a 1 star guy.

Now Carlos Monroe on the other hand is a stud that had some ACC schools interested. Doherty scooped him right up and away. The only draw back is he seems to have had some academic and motivation problems.
Back to the top

Dopherty's first recruit

Thanks for the updates Stilljonesing - On Monroe, the academics may be of concerns, but if Doherty can get this kid to preform to his abilities on a consistant bases,
everything will take care of themselves. This is where Doherty coaching abilities will make a difference.
Back to the top
Control functions: