Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Tennessee's QB Schaeffer looking for a new home

Looks like he is taking a look at UCF. It would be nice if the former Deerfield Beach HS star showed some interest in the OWLS. It would be nice to get a player of that caliber at FAU. GO OWLS!!!

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/college/sfl-schaeffer051205,0,2338745.story?coll=tf-main-sports

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Schaeffer's cousin plays on the women's basketball team. Any news on him coming to FAU?TEXT
Back to the top

There hasn't been any more news about Schaeffer. I guess we will have to wait. GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

I got the impression that UCF wasn't really all that interested in him.
Back to the top

That is the impression that I received as well. Maybe that means that he will be looking to move a little closer to home ;D It will be interesting to see what happens with him. He is definitely a top-rate talent. GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

I think it would make for sense for him to enroll in a I-AA school for next season. Even though he still has a redshirt season available, he's already showed he can start on the highest level of college football. Sitting out a year on the bench at a Division I-A school isn't going to do him much good. He could walk in and start right away at a FAMU or B-CC for example and then transfer to another big program for his junior year. He'd basically be like a JUCO recruit.

Although it would be nice to add his talent to our roster, quarterback doesn't seem to be one of the positions that we need any help.

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

Schaeffer is going to go to Texas from what I hear.
Back to the top

That kid's favorite color must be orange, why would you leave south FL to go to Tennessee and then Texas?
Back to the top

That would be a smart move in my opinion since Texas QB Vince Young may be a draft pick after this year is over and Schaeffer could pick up where Vince left off. They have a very similar style of play (i.e. running QB's).
Back to the top
Control functions: