Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

It's just a little too quiet around here!

Hopefully "no news is good news"! ;D
Back to the top

I agree, itwould be nice to hear something about the stadium. Last week I read about UCF's stadium and it looks as though it will be up and going for the 2006 season and the latest 2007.
Back to the top

It has been rather quiet - maybe things will pick-up when shcool start again.

Back to the top

This is a bit off topic but seeing how nothing new has developed..... whats with the new proboards upgrade.... For an entire day I couldnt get onto the boards, instead I got a flash intro for new proboards... has the upgrade taken place yet... it has said this server will be upgraded in the next 24 hours for days..
Back to the top

Back to normal - The system upgrades have been done.
Back to the top

Angelos just hired a new Director of Tickets sales and with Fall practices around the corner, things should start picking-up.
Back to the top

I saw that.. also what upgrades have been done.. I see no change
Back to the top

It may seem things are quiet around here but it seems some good work is being done. Kudos to Brogan again. Found this article in the Boca News today regarding a committee he set up to reach out and include the community. Just two weeks ago reps from the committee representing civic leaders met at the Oxley Center to discuss getting the getting the City behind the athletic program and increasing ticket sales. Interesting article, here's the link.
http://www.bocanews.com/index.php?src=news&prid=11654&category=Local%20News&PHPSESSID=fa6c54419555c5e9c51e7bec67ee3e8 9
Back to the top

It's good to see that a bridge is being build with the community of Boca - in the past that bridge resembled a scence from WWII where the enemy's job was to demolish the supply routes of the enemy. It's always harder to rebuild those bridges and to re-build trust, hopefully this is a step in the right direction and in the long term will help bring the University and the community not only closer together, but be part of an identity that benefits both. The two parts cannot be seperated, so it's important that they work in cohesion for the greater good of both identities.
Back to the top

Nice to see that Balisteri is on the committee. He has been a big supporter of FAU football since day one. Looks like Brogan may have tried to stack the deck a little bit in order to persuade others on the committee to have a fovorable outlook on FAU athletics. Overall, ithe committee sounds like a positive thing. I think the negative would come if they added half a dozen retirees to the committee. Then we would see some problems. I guess Brogan knows who to focus on (the business owners) and who to ignore (the retirees). GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top
Control functions: