Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Road Trip

Any of you planning on going to a road game this year?

My buddies and I are discussing the options, possibly Louisville or Troy. I guess it really boils down to Kentucky Women vs Alabama Girls ;D But it would be nice to see some friendly faces at one of these games.
Back to the top

Road Trip

You should come up to Lawrence, KS and experience one of the finest settings for a college football game.
Back to the top

Road Trip

I would like to make the Troy game this year. I made the first meeting but missed last years'.

rockchalk I was told that Kansas really do have a very nice atmosphere for college ball/life.
Is the RB job Clark Green's to lose this year?
Back to the top

Road Trip

The rb job should be his to lose. #2 on the depth chart, Gary Green has an opposite style. He is very small but very quick. Together they will be a nice 1-2 combination. Clark, as you know, is more of a power/receiving back. In 2003, he had a great soph season. In the offseason, though, he bulked up too much and lost a step. Now that Randle is off the team , Clark is the primary back so he can afford to lose some weight this offseason and regain his speed. Hopefully he will return to his 2003 form.

As for the setting, the University of Kansas is set on a large hill. The stadium, a horseshoe, is on the side of the hill. The open end faces a grassy hill that goes up to the WWII memorial bell tower, along with a lake and part of campus. Before the game the hill is full of tents and tailgates. The band marches down the hill, through the tailgaters playing the fight song about 45 minutes before each home game. There is nothing better than a sunny October afternoon at a KU football game.
Back to the top

Road Trip

I'll echo my Jayhawk cohort. KU is as scenic as any place in the country for a game. The open end of the stadium has a hill and a war memorial at the top. Hre is a gallery from homecoming last year. The other team's QB couldn't even hear himself. It was a great atmosphere. It won't be like that for the FAU game, but there will be a decent turnout.
http://kuathletics.col…ive/121604aae.html?page=1
You will definitely have a good time if you come to Lawrence. There are beautiful women all over and the beer flows like water in Lawrence. Just go downtown at night and you will find a place that fits your fancy.

As for the RB situation, Clark Green is definitely the starter. However, the #2 spot isn't so set in stone. Jon Cornish had a great spring and he might end up being the #2. Gary Green just isn't big enough yet to do much and I suspect he will do his damage on catches instead of runs. KU also signed a very solid high school running back that got overlooked b/c of his core classes were lacking. It turns out his high school was on a trimester system so he was able to take that class his last trimester.
Back to the top

Road Trip

Troy is a very friendly place with great tailgating and excellent college football atmosphere. Plus, it's not to far away to drive.

I'll be there with my FAU freshman daughter, but we'll be rooting for different teams.

If you have any questions about how to get there or where to stay, just ask. The people are remarkably friendly - even to Marshall fans!

Join us tailgating (Homecoming parade that morning in the scenic little downtown; lots of live music and food; Trojan Walk to the stadium with the Sound of the South) and more.

The halftime show - with the 300-plus-member Sound and separate alumni Sound - will be worth the trip. Hopefully, the new Marching Owls (daughter will be a member) will be there, also.

Back to the top

Road Trip

There are so many goods games at the beggining of the seasons to decide on, I wish I could attend all of them - the games I am trying to choose from, Kansas( 1st game), Louisville (Schnelly & the atmoshere should be great), Troy, ULM (never been to to that part of the woods).
Back to the top

Road Trip

Road Trip

A good friend of mine played for the Monroe Moccassins (East Coast Hockey League) for a while and he says that there is no reason to ever go there! Ever. Hopefully that helps you make your decsicion.
Louisville would be a really cool game to check out, for Schnelly's homecoming, but chances are, that's gonna be a tough one to watch.
Back to the top

Road Trip

I kind of expect to get rocked in Louisville, but the trip would be nice for the atmosphere before and after the game. A trip to any of the BSC schools would make a good trip, regardless of the score.
Back to the top

Road Trip

im making my first trip to kansas to watch the game.
Back to the top
Control functions: