Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU-La. Monroe Game Changed

The FAU-Louisiana-Monroe game scheduled for Sept. 24 at Lockhart will now be played on Thursday Sept. 22 at 7:30pm. The game will be broadcast on ESPNU. Our first two home games will be on national TV.

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

http://www.nola.com/sportsflash/louisiana/index.ssf?/base/sports-7/1119021014207070.xml&storylist=nola_sports
Back to the top

That is GREAT news! I'm sure we will be considered for more TV time as the off-season wears on.

Is that channel mainly offered on pay TV/ DirecTV only? I've seen a few reports where they said the channel won't be available for some "cable" providers.
Back to the top

Thats cool that its on tv and all, but I think its going to hurt us more than help us, unless were being paid for it. The move to Thursday night I think is going to hurt attendence and the fact that its on a channel that noone really gets doesnt help us. The only people who will be watching it are those who want to watch it and most of those people will be at the game.
Back to the top

But night time TV games seem to help Miami with their attendance… we just have to market it right. I think its great that we will have on night game at Dolphins Stadium, and one at Lockhart, and this game we have a better chance of winning.
Doesn't matter about getting paid as much as the extra exposure it will bring and help with future recruiting.
Back to the top

i think any tv exposure is good. That's also a game will be most likely favored to win. I read somewhere there are 600 more freshman coming in this year. that is just more impressionable faces to get to the games. every year we the classes are growing with more students living on campus. I also heard timuca is being torn down and new dorm going up. there just forecasting a traditional campus over the next few years. I think the attendancewill work out.'
Back to the top

I not so sure it will hurt attendance, but may actually help give it a nice boost - people will be drawn to go just because it is on ESPN even if it is on a pay per view type of deal. The College package the Sattellite companies are offerring have a huge market and with where few games being played on thursday night gives us some nice exposure. Look at the thread that is developing the past few years Thursday night games are becoming pretty popular.

The exposure is great and what it does for our recruiting is a major plus - kids want to be on TV.

Exit39 hit on the head with the new upcoming freshman class and with every new class coming in our fan base will continue to grow - it is a slow process.
Back to the top

My daughter is one of those new freshmen and she is excited about the season. She'll be in the marching band.

She has also talked smack a bit with my fellow Troy fans on the GoTroyTrojans.com board.

Here is a thread about a the move of the Troy-FIU game to a Thursday night:

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

http://www.gotroytrojans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2243

Back to the top

espn updated their schedule to show thegame change and that's its on espnu. two games on national tv? not bad at all.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2043952
Back to the top

I cant make the trip down to watch the game so I am really excited to be able to watch the game on National TV. Good Luck to both teams and go SBC!
Back to the top
Control functions: