Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Louisville!

;D Louisville fan and resident here!

Just wanted to issue an early welcome to the Ville, very much looking forward to your visit. Coach Schnelly was and always will be considered the turning point in football at the Ville. Thanks Coach! Bet you get an ovation like no other opposing team has ever given you. Congrats to Coach on being inducted into the Kentucky Sports HOF. We take that very seriously and are proud to have The Pipe on it.

BTW, former Boca resident and occasional visitor. Lived in Spanish Oaks (I know, I know) as a kid (1978) and have family living near the Hospital (6th). Went to Spady Elementary in Delray and spent a short time at Boca Middle. Went to Cooper City in the 80's Sisters (late 70's, nephews (2000's) and cousins (70's and 80's) all went to Boca High. Uncle used to own the Instant Fine Impressions (Pretty sure thats what it was called) Printing Company off glades, near Dixie. Used to deliver printed materials to FAU near daily. Been awhile since I have been there however. Brother in law owns Endoscopy Replacement Parts that used to be off Dixie but has since moved to Gainesville. Nephew Rob is the only family left in BR however.

Speaking of Glades and Dixie. Is Tom's BBQ still open? Before he went commercial, that was the best BBQ around.

Anyway, Go Cards. GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Louisville!

This should be pretty spectacular He was just inducted into the Florida Sports Hall and now Kentucky WOW. Bobby Bowden made a comment that was very accurate " If this guy would have stayed in Miami he would probably go down in history as one of the best coach's of all time". The fact of the matter is he will still go down in history as one of the best and did it by turning two programs into top notch programs and creating one that is on its way.

I really want to go to this game it should be a one heck of an event.

Tom's is or should I say was one of the best BBQ around. When I go to Boca I try to hit it . My brother lives there and said that someone died but he was,nt sure which family member it was. He heard that the recipe went to the grave but that was rumors.

Back to the top

Louisville!

I know the BBQ is off topic , but, I attended FAU 1977 to 1980. Tom's was always packed. It was in a little run down shanty at the time. On the weekends the parking lot was full of mercedes, cadillacs and lincolns. Unbelievable. As college students looking for something good and inexpensive, we could eat there for I think about $4.00. Being from the north part of Florida and having lived in Georgia for a while I can say that is one of the best if not the best BBQ I ever had.

I was on business down there a few years after I graduated and wanted to have dinner at Tom's. As I recall it was in a new building. The line to get in was too long. It looked like a line at Disney World only moving very slow. Needless to say, I didn't have the time to stop there.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Louisville!

Welcome to the board chbl1. A lot of students still live in Spanish Oaks. True Boca Resident! The game should really be tough for you huh?…. ;)

illinoisowl, don't even worry about Off Topic subjects. This board is so slow right now, any type of discussions will be an upgrade. Even Chef Emeril can post on his cooking show if he wishes to.

Carry on about the BBQ.. 8-)
Back to the top

Louisville!

Toms was definitely packed on a regular basis, even when it was a SHACK. That's how I remember it. I'm so old, I remember the Boca Mall and sliding down the escalators at Jefferson's often getting caught and kicked out for life. Saw STAR WARS about a bazillion times there! Free of course, through the theater exit down the hall. Pooled cash to buy two tickets and those two went to the doors and let about 15 of us in… every Saturday!

The new place in its place, Mizner Park(?) is very nice but when they demo'ed the mall, I was bummed.

Anyway, thanks for the reception Owlers…. Here is a photoshop one of our resident photo-shoppers did…

All are welcome to come see us at Insidetheville.com! http://mb6.scout.com/blouisville
Back to the top

Louisville!

I clicked on the link chbl1 provided. I did a little looking, not too much. I found some discussions about the Louisville game. Unless I skipped alot of posts, almost every thing I read was in very positive about Howard. On one thread, someone got a little negative and got shot down on the next post. It would seem to me Howard left behind some very good feelings about him. One or two posts were thankful he turned the Louisville football program around to become what it is today, a national championship contender.

Thats what it all about people, you get people excited about their college or alma mater and alot of good stuff starts happening. Some of the people that want to boycott the games because of the fee hike may get caught up in the excitment.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Louisville!

Louisville!

Looks like the man is a legend in a few parts of the football world. Now it's our turn to have him.. ;D

Nice Photoshop layout.
Back to the top

Louisville!

Tom's is closed in Boca. You can still buy the sauce at Publix. They have reopened a resturant off Palm Beach Lakes in the old Bluefront BBQ resturant. Tom's was never the same after they left the Glades and Dixie store…
Back to the top

Louisville!

Hey what happened to my stars??? I am back to 1 post again. It took a long time to get that 2nd star :-(
Back to the top

Louisville!

HOTEL said

Hey what happened to my stars??? I am back to 1 post again. It took a long time to get that 2nd star :-(

I don't know. I'll look into it.
Back to the top
Control functions: