Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Which Sun Belt game is "gotta have" game

I know we want them all but which one is "man we gotta have this game" attitude at the local pubs?

I say MTSU!!! That will probably get their coach fired. 1st time we won on the last play(not hail mary.. ;) to Bynes. 2nd win they were leading second qtr and going into halftime and Mr Marks threw an endzone INT. Then the wheels fell off the second half with the musical QB's.

Or is it Troy? Hmmmmm. I know it's UNT's Sun Belt(until taken from them) but these guys are good.
Back to the top

What a tease OG - MTSU is one of those games you just want to win, having dominance over a conference opponent is so sweet, even thought we only played two games they have been huge for us as a program and would like for us to continue that thread.

Troy - should be a very tough game, if the offense gets on track we will have a chance and would be nice to pull off this upset, could it be that third times a charm ;)

UNT - Little revenge factor for them and won't be taking us lightly this year, they would love nothing better to come in our house and return the favor from a year ago.
Can we have a solid game defensively and snuff the run, they do have a pretty good one, two combination in the back field, if we can't stop them two, it's a long afternoon in Lockhart.

So, it's a flip between MTSU & Troy for me, but MTSU will take the toss, it being a home game - hate to lose at home, especially to the Blue Raiders.
Back to the top

LOUISIANA-MONROE: A big game in terms of it being the Sun Belt opener, and payback because FAU owes the Indians one after the close loss last year.

MIDDLE TENNESSEE: It would be great to remain undefeated against the Blue Raiders.

@TROY: The two game losing streak needs to be snapped, and it would be great to finally be able to beat the Trojans in their house.

NORTH TEXAS: Knocking off the only team that has ever won the Sun Belt conference title for the second year in a row would bring even more credibility to the FAU program.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Louisiana-Monroe gets my vote. After those first three beasts we face, it will be a true test to see how our guys perform against a conference opponent. If those first three games end up the way most are predicting then the Sun Belt schedule will be our only hope for an exciting season.
Back to the top

taking out the mean green would give us themost burn.
Back to the top

It all depends how the first three games pan out, if we go in playing Louisiana-Monroe with not confidence, then that is the game of the year, we have to win that game……but if we pull some lucky ones together, than stopping two the best rbs in the country would be the game to grab especially at home. Remember we put cobbs' season away last year, he really wants us badly.

"Sore Loser?!?! Tell you what, show me a Good Loser and I'll SHOW you a LOSER!!!"
Back to the top

We HAVE to beat FIU to help with the local recruiting and to still have local bragging rights, any other Sun Belt win is probable and I hope we can beat MTSU again as well.
Back to the top

>>@TROY: The two game losing streak needs to be snapped, and it would be great to finally be able to beat the Trojans in their house.<<

No one has beaten Troy in its new house - not even Marshall or Missouri. And it will be Troy's homecoming with a packed house. It should be a good game if the Owls can mount some offense against Troy's reloaded "D".

Back to the top

every game should a must win. I don't like this banter of only needing one win. Embrick should have his mind on a national championship not the god dam panthers.
Back to the top

Which Sun Belt game is &quot;gotta have&quot; game

Exit39, you've been watching too many bad FSN broadcasts of FAU games…

It's Embick, not Embrick.

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top
Control functions: