Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Tailgate Party(ies)

I was just wondering, as I'm relatively new to the board, if there might be a way we can set up a nice tailgate party for the OK State game.

Forum member TeamBeer and I are Fraternity Brothers from FAU and have been organizing our own since even before the program started with our fraternity brothers and other alums we are close with. We organized the not so famous midnight tailgate party in the Oxley Center parking lot before it was built while we were still having scrimmages before our first season. Any other Greeks from say '99 - '01 might recall.

I thought that since there are so many more like minded individuals on this site, that we might be able to get together and get a nice tailgate so we can talk up some FAU football at the party and not every other program in Florida.

Any takers?
Back to the top

Tailgate Party(ies)

I would but my friends and I got beef with one of your brothers… the Jacka$$ stole my keg at one of the games the same dude stole a table from some girls at another game also…
Back to the top

Tailgate Party(ies)

sounds like the same jerks who tried to take my tailgate tent!! they couln't figure out how to fold it up so they broke it!
Back to the top

Tailgate Party(ies)

Tailgate parties are great, but seems like most students then forget to stagger into the games, and if they do they cheer like crazy when we have the ball and are silent when we are on defense. Maybe we could make it a crazy and educational tailgate party. If Sam Adams can get people liquored up to drees like Indians and destroy some tea, maybe we can get some students liquored up to cheer properly.
Back to the top

Tailgate Party(ies)

Tailgate Party(ies)

I agree there were some games where there were asmany people on the outside as the inside... I love to tailgate but thats why I show up hours early...
Back to the top

Tailgate Party(ies)

Considering I've been on both sides, I'll put in my two cents:

Football games for students are social events, especially for the greeks (whom are the large majority of students that show up to ANYTHING at FAU). There's a large group of kids that prefer to just drink in a parking lot all day and party with their friends, I've done it myself, but it's not uncommon at any university in America. I have been to other college football games and plenty of students do the same thing and end up in the parking lot all day. Moreover, the drunk students are the reason there is a "student section" at the games, so that the drunk adults can sit in the good seats and complain about missing their youth and how the kids don't know how to cheer! (jk mh2os!)

Bighooter, markowl: I am sorry to hear about your stuff, what my cohort failed to mention is that we are alumni, and as much as we love to tailgate, we don't enjoy swimming in the kiddie pool anymore. Unfortunately those days are behind us. Either way, if you really feel that you have been wronged by a member of our fraternity I will be happy to discuss it with you and help you come to a resolution, just send me a private message.

I suppose that when we have 60,000 people showing up to our games, we won't be too upset about those that stay outside to party. Give it time.

Back to the top

Tailgate Party(ies)

I would also have to echo the sentiments of TeamBeer in full.

I have been to UF on several occassions for games with my fiance and the exact same thing happens. If students aren't in the stadium, they are either in the parking lots (which they have a lot of) or in one of the bars near the stadium drinking and watching the game on TV. As our following grows and our respect grows, so will the fan base and the events before, during and after the games will change.

As for what some of our Brothers have done in the past, I do whole heartedly apologize on behalf of not only the local Chapter but from HQ as well. For the two people who replied they had problems with our fraternity, please contact me directly as I am not only a member, but also a HQ official for the chapter.

I just thought this would be a fun idea and in no way does it have to be associated with any campus org., it could be our own thing or a passing thing. Either way, I'm sure TB will agree, you guys would be welcome at our tent.

d
Back to the top

Tailgate Party(ies)

The organized tailgaiting will happen. The football/FAU atmosphere will not settle for anything less.

The "stay outside students" are really only noticed because FAU was hurting for attendance. That attendance will improve and the same amout (or even more students) will remain outside and not even be noticed. USF carries about 25,000 attendance. There always look like about 1000+ students outside with the keg and football!

We at FAU do have to get that "Cheering" thing in order.. ;D
Back to the top

Tailgate Party(ies)

Guys I didn't mean to sound like an old guy complaining. :) I myself am only three years removed from FAU, and was a fraternity president and on the IFC board. I meant to post it as hopeful constructive critism. The problem with the computer is you can't hear the tone of voice. :)
I know Sig Ep at least shows up to the games, but hopefully we'll get that cheer thing taken care of. This year should be fun!! I'll see you all at the games.
Back to the top

Tailgate Party(ies)

Everyone is always welcome to stop by an say hi to our tailgating crew. Just look for the tents flying the Canadian and English flags - you can't miss 'em.

We have a group of about 10+ people consisting of alums and current students, with two tents, a couple grills and always lots of food and drink.

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top
Control functions: