Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

At least Arkansas St. and La.-Monroe won't worry

Back to the top

Prepare for rant….

The wave of political correctness in this country is outrageous. People can't be garbage men they have to be sanitation engineers, you're not short you're vertically challenged, and my newest favorite, dumb kids don't fail they just haven't reached their future potential.

This has got to be the biggest pile of rubbish the NCAA has ever tried to pull. Fine, eliminate the ??outrageous and insulting?? mascots, great idea. All the schools that use outdated names like Redskins, Savages or Wife Beaters - although once acceptable in this country - should be done away with. But to call names of proud tribes like Seminoles, Illini or Utes "insulting" is just rediculous. What about Notre Dame's Fighting Irish? Is a bad-tempered leprechaun really how people of Irish descent want to reprsented.

I also find it funny that the NCAA won't touch the football bowls in all of this. I guess they generate enough money to make all the pain go away.

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

I live 45 minutes from the Universtiy of Illinois campus in Urbana. This talk has been going on for a couple of years now up here. There is a lot of opposition so says the news but I personally haven't heard anyone complain. From what I understand ther are no Illini left or very few.

FSU did it the right way. They have a relationship with the Florida Seminole Tribe. Don't they also offer scholarships to Seminole students? I know FSU offers something for using their name.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top
Control functions: