Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Chris "Ski" sighting in Japan?

I looked for Chris tonight on the Colts squad. I didn't see him. I saw most of the game but not every minute.
Although he's listed as #49 there looked like another #49 on the field. It's not uncommon for that to happen.

Did anyone see him at all?
Back to the top

Ditto O.G. three of us were looking but saw the same thing. I was also looking for a duplicate #49, but no sign. #47 kinda looked like him I thought I saw two #47 not sure. I'm trying to find a game roster on the internet
Back to the top

Back to the top

Can you copy and paste in the article? They are looking for a subscription.
Back to the top

That's all I have. Sorry.

I am a current memeber of Scout.Com But they hide info like this in a paid area and want me to join the Colts subscription too?
Back to the top

A story from the Indianapolis Star has a very, very brief mention of Chris Laskowski in the final paragraph:

August 8, 2005

Promise seen in additions to defense
Play of Colts' rookie CBs, repositioned Jefferson pleases Dungy despite loss.

Bad message: The Colts? Edgerrin James, Joseph Jefferson and Marvin Harrison (left to right) glance at the scoreboard in their preseason game loss to Atlanta on Saturday. The Colts struggled to stop the Falcons in their 27-21 loss.

By Phil Richards
[email protected]

Seven defensive starters missed the Indianapolis Colts' 27-21 preseason loss to Atlanta on Saturday in the American Bowl at Tokyo. That presented some problems. It also presented some opportunities.

"I thought Marlin Jackson and Kelvin Hayden really did a good job," Colts coach Tony Dungy said after reviewing the videotape Sunday evening. "We got some physical play out of them, which is what we were hoping for.

"I thought Joseph Jefferson played well for his first game at safety, showed up and made some tackles and did some good things. That was really positive to see."

If there was one area the Colts targeted for improvement coming off a run to the AFC Divisional round last season, it was their defensive secondary. They used the draft to acquire a pair of hard-hitting cornerbacks, Jackson in the first round and Hayden in the second.

Jefferson has moved from cornerback to safety to replace Mike Doss, who will sit out the first two games of the regular season on disciplinary suspension, and the other safety, second-year man Bob Sanders, is bright with promise.

Jackson made a couple of nice second-quarter plays against the Falcons. He had good coverage on a deep pass to wide receiver Michael Jenkins that went incomplete in the end zone, and he stopped wide receiver Brian Finneran short of a first down with a big hit. Hayden made a hit on tight end Mark Anelli that caused a fumble recovered by Colts safety Gerome Sapp.

Jackson started for Nick Harper (foot). With Donald Strickland (hamstring) also out, Hayden was the Colts' third corner.

Jefferson started for Doss (groin) and had five tackles in the first half. At 6-1, 202 pounds, Jefferson has the size to play safety and he appears to have the temperament. After three injury-riddled seasons, he might have found the position that best suits him; his shift from corner might become permanent.

"He's got some aptitude there," Dungy said. "I think (Doss' suspension) might be a blessing in disguise, because it looks like it's going to be a pretty good position for him."

The Colts arrived back in Indianapolis about 11 p.m. Saturday. They took Sunday off and will only review game tape today. They resume training camp Tuesday with Buffalo coming to the RCA Dome on Saturday.

There is plenty to work on. The Colts were outrushed 127 yards to 27, had three giveaways that turned into 17 Atlanta points and couldn't get the Falcons stopped much of the game, which led to a nearly 16-minute advantage in time of possession for Atlanta.

Dungy liked none of it, but he took encouragement from the play of rookie defensive linemen Justin Brown, Darrell Reid and Sweet Pea Burns.

"They got cut(-blocked) at first, but once they got adapted to that and got a feel for how Atlanta was blocking, they showed up and hustled around and did some good things," Dungy said.

The Colts are in the process of evaluating injuries to four players: defensive end Jonathan Welsh (knee), offensive tackle David Porter (high ankle sprain), Sapp (shoulder) and linebacker Chris Laskowski (shoulder). Dungy said he expected Welsh and Porter to miss a significant amount of playing time.

Call Star reporter Phil Richards at (317) 444-6408.

Back to the top

I looked at the Colts web site. There is another # 49 on the roster. A Joey Hawkins playing TE. He is another free agent. Good size too. 6'9" 252 lbs.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

I should have mentioned this in my previous post. It should have been easy to tell the difference which 49 was on TV. This guy is a foot taller than Chris and was probably the tallest guy there that night.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top
Control functions: