Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Another Sun Belt Ranking

Another Sun Belt Ranking

I don't know how many of you saw this, but I found this link through my yahoo homepage earlier.

Yet another sports writer that does not predict us to finish in the basement.

Also has a pretty good write up about our conference and the outcome.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=citadel-2_426179_445&prov=citadel&type=story
Back to the top

Another Sun Belt Ranking

the writer said FAU will be weaker this year in the secondary positions. We know that not true.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Another Sun Belt Ranking

I think he just broad brushed the defense but he is close.
I can't tell about the D line yet.

CB's are as solid as before. They are now seniors so they should make even more noise.
4 year starters were lost from both the seconday and LB positions. The LB's lost Laskowski and Higgins. The DB's lost Terry and Rodgers. SS Christian Amaya couldn't get the extra year this year, so he's gone. Acevado who started one game last year is gone for awhile with his injury. So you have Pindell who can play at FS or SS. Otherwise you have to plug in new guys like Bethel and (pick-um).

But DC Hoza will find the right combination back there.
Back to the top

Another Sun Belt Ranking

Interesting outlook for the conference - if we can get through our first five game with minimun injuries we could have a little better record within the conference, but looking at all the injuries pilling before the seasons starts does not help us going into the season - then again if all the injured player can get healthy for conference play that could be a bonus for us.
Back to the top

Another Sun Belt Ranking

I just want one win against one of the BIG teams that we play…..coach can sit down players after that to keep them healthy for the conference schedule. Not that he would, though. Which game do you think we have a better chance with….. Kansas, OK State, or Minnesota???? Being realistic I won't even ask about our chances with Louisville.
Back to the top

Another Sun Belt Ranking

Kansas may be the ripest(1st game) for the upset but I'd have to go with the Golden Gophers as the best chance of an upset.
Back to the top

Another Sun Belt Ranking

I definitely think we will upset one of those 3 teams. My thinking though is if we are to upset KU right off the bat, OK State will be very well prepared for us.

The Golden Gophers have a history of being choke artists, so I think they might take us a little lightly and end up with a surprise. In addition to that, I feel our conditioning will be a bit better than theirs and they have no real advantage playing in a dome.

My money is on upsets over KU and Minn.
Back to the top

Another Sun Belt Ranking

Embick and Souverian combine for 300 yards on the ground against Minnesooota dontcha know! ;D
I think with our speed, the dome atmosphere will be the place for the upset.

But I also have a feeling about Kansas…
Back to the top
Control functions: