Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

CBS Sportsline Rankings

I've been waiting for today to see where they ranked us and surprisingly do not have us at the bottom of the pack.

CBS has us ranked 112th with the 11th toughest schedule (SOS).

I thought this was already out but they sent me an email for it for today.

I really think it says something about how great our team will become considering how difficult our schedules have been in the past and what we have done in the following years. I hope that this sequence continues to play out, especially if we take some good licks this year.

Here's the link for the sportsline ranking:

http://cbs.sportsline.com/collegefootball/polls/119/index2
Back to the top

CBS Sportsline Rankings

I don't know how they weigh the difficulty of the games to determine each team's strength of schedule. There must be some kind of calculation based on the ranking of an opponent and other factors. Buffalo has an SOS of 5. I looked at their schedule. No Real big teams like we are playing. So the calculation must also include the rank of the opponents as compared to the team. Ours might be higher except that 2 of our opponents are ranked 117 and 119.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

CBS Sportsline Rankings

CBS Sportsline Rankings

illinoisowl said

I don't know how they weigh the difficulty of the games to determine each team's strength of schedule. There must be some kind of calculation based on the ranking of an opponent and other factors. Buffalo has an SOS of 5. I looked at their schedule. No Real big teams like we are playing. So the calculation must also include the rank of the opponents as compared to the team. Ours might be higher except that 2 of our opponents are ranked 117 and 119.

Exactly. So many factors go into the SOS just like you suggested. It's mainly the stats of the opponents and WHO they play.
Back to the top

CBS Sportsline Rankings

Looks like they think the Sun Belt will be better than the MAC again this year.
Back to the top

CBS Sportsline Rankings

Yeah the sos is largely determined on your ranking and your opponents. This changes week to week also I believe as teams win and lose.

I think just the caliber of teams we are playing speaks volumes about what we are building down here.

I can't explain how excited I am for the season and to see how well we fare. I can only imagine the discussions we'll be having next year this time.
Back to the top
Control functions: