Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU BASKETBALL-FOR THOSE OF YOU...

Add topic

That have heard that rumor that Matt is using the FAU job as a "stepping stone" for a "national powerhouse program". that could not be further from the truth. we have to remember guys he's been to the top of the coaching mountain. At UNC, College jobs don't get better than that. I was told by a VERY CLOSE SOURCE that matt is tired of moving his family around (5 times in 8 years I believe is what I was told).)he wants to build a b-ball dynasty at FAU. the AD is indeed committed and has reportedly promised a new on campus arena for the team. ;D the sched. will be released very soon (they're working on getting games on TV of course) it's highlited by a non-conference matchup w/ LOUISVILLLE! and MJ will speak to the team in october as well!! GO OWLS!!
Back to the top

that is sick. Matt D will bring us into the top 25 faster than football can. Its just so much quicker in basketball, you only need one good class.

I'm looking forward to that schedule. I hope he makes a trip to the northeast. B-ball heaven in NYC, get the name around up there and get some recruits to head down south next year.

All we need is that god dam dome and we would be set.
Back to the top

Man I hope you're right, I would LOVE to be the next Gonzaga!
Back to the top

Buckle up because IMO this program is about to go into warp speed and as far as a dynasty I also agree with that he will be here for a very long time.
Back to the top

From all the moves Doherty is making shows that he is fully committed to this program - he already as a player
commited to a letter of intent for the 2006 season.

Doherty also said that it's not better at the top of that mountain (coaching at a Top program).

The combination of Brogam and Angelos making a commitment to bring this program to the next level following the vision of Schnellenberger which Doherty now holds - the Dome will happen which is a vitale piece to the puzzle if the Football & Basketball program are to succeed at the next level, the Baseball which has been rather succesfull will also benefit from their succees. Remain positive and things will get done.
Back to the top

Very true Bytor, and cheez look at the 2006 Baseball schedule, it looksd to be happening over on the diamond too, and to think they have another year before coming on board the 'Belt. This is some very exciting times for this university.
Back to the top

Now I'll be the first to admit that I don't know squat about basketball. But I do know that Doherty does bring a whole hell of a lot of credibility to our program.

I agree that he will get us into the Top 25 a lot faster than football will. But, Doherty will help the football program get into the Top 25 that much faster.

When the bball program starts blowing up with Top 25 recruiting classes, NCAA Tournament invites and victories and some decent TV exposure, you can count on FAU beginning to have some serious Football recruiting classes as well.

The best football classes have ATHLETES and a lot of them play multiple sports.

I haven't been much of a basketball fan ever, but i'm jumping on the band wagon as of right now!
Back to the top

i heard kaleaf watson is playing wide receiver now??? any rumors to what's going on with him and b-ball? He was a UM transfer and a pretty solid player i thought.
Back to the top
Control functions: