Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Fanfest

I got to Fanfest too late for the face painting and and bounce house, however, I did enjoy the "scrimmage". It came to an abrupt end when Hughley and McGahee started dukeing it out. Too much enthusiasm or sunstroke, not sure what to atribute it too. Band was small but sounded good. Band director is a hoot, enjoyed his commentary. Shirt selection was a bit thin and I love my new Coach S. bobble head. Wish FAU sports would update the online roster. Some jerseys out there who aren't listed, ie. 80 Dimitreus Murray and 87 Jamari Grant who both looked pretty good.
Back to the top

Fanfest

I made it for the bounce house and to see the players warm up for the scrimmage. It was way too hot out there. There should have been more tents set up so we could all hang out in the shade.

Anyway, my kids enjoyed watching the football players and its a nice start to get in the mood for the season.
Back to the top

Fanfest

Boone02 you are right about the heat I look like like something that should be served at Lobster House. There was no shade for the players to sign autographs and absolutly no shade for the fans. But it was fun with a lot of spirit.

Old Owl I agree with the comment about the band they were small but IMO mighty. Hey, they have to start somewhere and another opinion is that by 2007 they will have 200+ members. I read something about the uniforms for the band members are not here yet so this is an interim uni. Those guys would have died in a traditional band uni.

Back to the top

Fanfest

The band uniforms are being made. Today the players wore polos that will be used for pep rallies, etc.

Shirt and other logo merchandise was thin. The schedule "T" was good.

Those lawn signs are a good idea. Maybe our neighbors will see them and decide to come to a game here and there. New fans can be cultivated the same way use Realtors win clients! :)

Back to the top

Fanfest

Fanfest

I put my ticket sign out when we got home late Saturday and on Sunday while I was working in the yard, I met two neighbors who are FAU alum and I think I convinced both to get their butts to the games! ;D

It was definitely hellahot! I enjoyed the band's spirit and we left about 15 minutes into the second half of the scrimmage for some frosty adult beverages at the car. We totally missed the heated exchange and came back in time to see them running gassers.

I was hoping for a couple more big connections during the 7 on 7 but hopefully they are saving it for game time. :)
Back to the top

Fanfest

What do those ticket signs say and where can I get one so I can display it?

Owlcoholic… is your website still up and running and updated… sorry haven't checked in a while. I'm gonna refer everyone I meet to your site…
Back to the top

Fanfest

i wish they would put the signs online to buy. I would def. grab one and couple other to put around the neighborhood.
Back to the top

Fanfest

They are the type you see real estate people and some garage salers use. Corrugated plastic with little metal legs. The signs are simple. I'll paste a picture soon.
Back to the top

Fanfest

Boone02 said

Owlcoholic… is your website still up and running and updated… sorry haven't checked in a while. I'm gonna refer everyone I meet to your site…

Still going. I do what I can to spread the word. Go Owls!!
Back to the top
Control functions: