Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Merchandise (or lack of it)

I didn't go to Fanfest yesterday, but reading some people's reviews, it appears our merchandising is sorely lacking still. WHY????

I thought once we got the new logos approved, merchandise selection would be greatly increased, but apparently not.

Everyone needs to get on their email and send a nice note over to Mr. Dexter Lamont, our marketing director at [email protected].

There is no reason why we should have to put up with this…..I was hoping to see a nice stadium full (well, 1/4 full) of fans wearing apparel with our new logo on it at the Oklahoma State game, but that's not gonna happen.

The online shop sucks, the bookstore didn't have much when I last went in there, and there was next-to-nothing available at the stadium last year.

GET ON IT DEXTER…..SORT IT OUT!
Back to the top

I'm more concerned about the lack of marketing in general. It will be mighty embarassing on Sept. 8th when on national tv the lower bowl of Dolphin Stadium is only half full. I eat nearly every day at the Park Cafe in the FAU Research Park, a stones throw from the Oxley Center, and they still have the '04 schedule poster on the wall. I'd love to hand the manager the new schedule poster to display in the window but I don't think they exist. Has any one seen one? The runway is getting shorter and I sure hope the marketing department steps up the effort.
Back to the top

HA…….Dexter, dont expect much to happen while hes in the hot seat. They said that he had some big marketing scheme in place they were just waiting for the new logos to come out. I have seen next to nothing done and the only marketing Ive seen is a little 2' x 1.5' sign that my dad was given to place in the front lawn game day. Pathetic if you ask me. I think its time to flood dexter with some emails and CC them to angelos.
Back to the top

I have seen the 2005 schedule posters, but they were rendered pretty useless when we changed dates of games after they'd been published.

This is a sad situation overall. We're just over two weeks away from the first game, and we have TWO items (caps) with the new logo on the website store. How is this possible?

We unveiled these logos with such great fan-fare and then took a dump in regards getting the stuff into the market. I think Lids has a couple of caps, and Champs had some shirts earlier this year, but I haven't been by either store in a while.

I'm going to drop by the bookstore tomorrow and I'll let everyone know what sort of selection (if any) they have available.

WE WANT NEW LOGO MERCH DAMN IT!!

SORT IT OUT!
Back to the top

I agree with what everyone has said on here. It's even more disappointing when you already have planned to spend your money on some merchandise.

Talk about an easy way to lose financial support!

This definitely needs to be fixed soon. I hope they truly do have a plan in place or WE, the fans that are salivating at the mouth to wear and display FAU Football merchandise, do need to flood Dexter and Angelos with emails as someone already suggested.

Does our own marketing department not have pride in our program(s)?
Back to the top

[email protected] HERES DEXTER……………………. and Angelos [email protected]
Back to the top

The stuff that was available at Fanfest Saturday was an improvement (big) from the past.
As the old stuff gets cleared out new stuff will continue to be phased in.

I do agree that something needs to happen in the next couple of weeks to market the game against Ok. St. if they want the lower bowl to be at full capacity - I know that money is tight, but something has to be done, this game is very important as far as attendance is concerned.
Back to the top

The new schedule was available at Fanfest…I posted it at my place of employment. I also put a FAU ticket sign at the entrance of my residential development in hopes of drawing interest for the Oklahoma State game. The FAU Web site for tickets list a price of $40 for a sideline seat, however at the Fanfest the same seats are listed for $17 for the game at Dolphins Stadium. Marketing needs to spread the word on the discount ticket pricing for the game. There is definitely a lack of FAU merchandise available….however I was able to purchase a Front FAU license plate and a Sun Belt Conference FAU ball cap at the Fanfest. When are the new decals and tailgating flags going to be made available? We need to show our support.
Back to the top

Merchandising has been terrible ever since the inception of the web-site. It seems like there isn't much thought being put toward t-shirt designs or products that should be offered. I'd like to see such things as media guides (before the season's over), basketball shorts and jerseys, and a larger selection of t-shirts and sweatshirts. I notice a couple new hats on the sight now but overall they are very slow to add/offer merchandise. The site is just very poorly run.
Back to the top

i would like to see authentic football jerseys, both home and away. I have been so disappointed in the merchandise. I thought with a contract with Nike and the move to I-A we would be much better off.
Back to the top
Control functions: