Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Marketing the games...Better late than never!

Just got this in the weekly Broward County News Brief:

Special Offer for FAU Football Tickets
Florida Atlantic University is extending a special discount to Broward County employees for four Owls home football games. Tickets are available for as little as $5 with this special offers. For information on how to order or for more details on this and other special offers, visit the Employee Discounts page on the BC-Net.

Now if they do this same thing for all local govt. agencies, that's a whole lot more people being directly marketed.
Back to the top

That's nice and all, but what message does that send to the fans who purchase season tickets at $60 - $80 per seat?

I realize we need to fill the seats, but couldn't this be somewhat counterproductive? I see this as losing guaranteed attendance/revenue from season ticket purchases when someone can just wait until the $5 newsletter comes out.

This should change when the on campus stadium materializes, but if it doesn't and even now, what is the true incentive to purchasing season tix?
Back to the top

Keeping the right to buy them for future years, like once we have a new stadium.
I want to be right there from the beginning….not that we'd ever get there, but Red Sox fans have to wait for their relatives to leave their seats to them in their will.
Back to the top

First off buying season tickect does help support the team and you must realize that at the beginning there is a trade off - most season tickets holders don't mind the cheaper seats being offered and in must case the seat are in the end-zone section where as the season tickect holders hold the premium seating on the side lines. And like mh2os said you will have a choice of seating once the stadium is build.

We need to build a fan base and reaching into the community is the only way, you hopefully get current Alums interested in supportting their Alma Mater and/or you get fresh supports.
To build a fan base you need to get fans that are supportors for the long run - you can't depend on the fair weathered fans. There is always a trade off and right now it's very important that we get attendance up, which in turns helps us get Donors to help fund not only the Stadium, but the Athletic department as well.

Look at the overall picture and the price for season tickets is still a pretty good value and as the fan base grows, the price of season ticket prices should increas as well, which are priced very reasonably right now.
Back to the top

I agree with what both of you are saying and being there from the start is basically the reason I purchased my season tix.

I guess I didn't explain myself well enough as playing Devils Advocate here.
Back to the top

No need to appologies SiEp77, offerring the discounted tickets to corporation is common practice, I think that it's a better alternative to the free tickets a couple year back. In the long run the season ticket holders will benefit.
Back to the top
Control functions: