Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

119th, but I like what it says

I don't know how old this ranking is or if it's been discussed here yet, but I like this writers cautious optimisim about what we can do our team jells early on.

Not the usual babble of, they lost everything and are now eating at the adult table, come get your medicine, good luck blah blah blah. At least this guy shows respect for Howard and what he can do, and what our boys can and hopefully will do.

http://collegefootballnews.com/2005/Rankings/Preview2005_101_119.htm

Back to the top

This article was posted in a previous thread. But I would like to say one thing about the schedule this year. I've read several other articles that almost suggests FAU or Howard, which ever, is crazy for scheduling Big 12, SEC, Big East, etc teams at this point.

For those of you that are old enough to remember, that is what U.M. did back in the late 70s and early 80s when they were an independant. I read an article one year, had to be back in the 70s, that Miami had the toughest schedule that year. Almost all their games were against usual bowl contenders. It was a money thing too. Since Miami wasn't in a conference, there was no revenue sharing. They had to play the big guys for the money.

Howard is doing the same thing with FAU. I would like to see FAU win 4 or 5 national championships.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Agree. Coach Schnell have a long range plan for the program. This type of schedule will only help in recruiting against the Big 3 in the future.

Take the lumps now but look out next year and years down the road!
Back to the top

The record will not reflect the invaluable experience this season will bear - this team is loaded with talent and will show it's inexperience at times this season, but should provide us with enough flash to give us hope for what to expect in the coming years.
Back to the top
Control functions: