Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

university press article

Check out this article. Especially the FIU game. This should feed the rivalry.

I see these occasionaly. I'm way up here in Illinois. Is this published by FAU?

http://universitypress.collegepublisher.com/media/paper518/news/2005/08/25/CoverStory/Season.Preview-969862.shtml

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

university press article

I've never seen this paper before. But I like it… ;D
Back to the top

university press article

I found this towards the end of last season I guess I should have posted something from it.
Back to the top

university press article

This guy might be an FAU student, below is a quote from the article:

"Oklahoma is too good of a team for the Owls to beat. But just being on the same field with such a high-caliber team in our first official season of Division I-A football will be an accomplishment in itself."

"……our first official season…." I don't know if that was an error or he feels like he's one of the FAU gang.

His final scores are very optimistic from anyone's point of view. Did Howard write the article?

FIUfanatic has already posted this on the FIU board.

I don't know how this seaon will turn out. I hope I have as much fun this year as I did last year keeping up with the games. I was up till 4:00 am listening to the Hawaii game on an internet station.

Back to the top

university press article

Coach Howard would use some big words in describing the "youth and long process that FAU have to endure in obtaining the potential victories"… :D

That's probably a student/player ghost writer.
Back to the top

university press article

I like the optimism that for sure... very refreshing...
Back to the top

university press article

its the school newspaper???? where have you guys been???? If you go to fau.edu, current students, UP online, its updated every thursday evening.
Back to the top

university press article

university press article

Thanks Exit39. I don't search the school sites too often because things are so late and never seem to be updated. See the other thread about the FAU website and merchandising.

Hopefully this one will stay the course.
Back to the top

university press article

Where have I been? How about graduated for 25 years.

This had everyone suprised. I think the folks on the FIU board will be a little relieved that this was written by an FAU student and not a professional sports writer.

This article was on the internet. Things have come along way since I was there. I hear students don't use an abacus anymore for engineering and accounting classes.

Back to the top

university press article

This is an extremely optimistic article. I wonder a bit about the writer of this. Basically he's saying we're going to a bowl game since I didn't see many losses predicted against Sun Belt teams.

I'm sure that we'll do okay against most of those teams, maybe even finish a squeak above .500, but doesn't anyone else think we'll have some growing pains?

Also, where is this optimisim coming from for our running game? Parker, our running game, is gone and the backs that sound great in fall practice are unproven as of yet.

I definitely believe we'll be competitive, and I truly hope that this guy is on point, I just don't want to live with pie-in-the-sky ideals on this.

I agree with what's been said before that the D will carry us, but I also feel that Embick will step up with the passing game. But, it will all go back to the running game for ultimate succes.
Back to the top
Control functions: