Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

wtcn-15

hey, I am from broward county and just moved into the palm beach area, so i have no clue what the channels are………unfortunately i have to work tomorrow night, so i probably won't be able to see the game, my restaurant does have some tvs at the bar, but doesn't have espn game plan or anything, just cable tv……..but the newspaper says in palm beach it will be aired on WTCN-15, is the that a cable channel and which one?

"Sore Loser?!?! Tell you what, show me a Good Loser and I'll SHOW you a LOSER!!!"
Back to the top

wtcn-15

wtcn-15

According to their website It's cable on some areas.

Article:
But some of those changes helped WTCN grow far beyond the range of it?s lower power Channel 43 broadcast signal. Changes in the rules regarding Cable TV carriage of community TV stations helped WTCN make appearances on Cable systems from Vero Beach to Boca Raton, as well as Okeechobee and Hendry counties. Today, it reaches – with the help of cable – 650,000 homes, and the number is growing every day. Most cable companies carry the WTCN signal on Cable Channel 15.
In 2005, that potential audience attracted the attention of Viacom, one of the largest broadcasters in the world and the parent company of the CBS and UPN Networks. A deal was struck with Brothers to purchase the station, along with co-owned Spanish-language WWHB Channel 48. Viacom took over operation of the stations April 4, 2005.

As part of the Viacom-South Florida group of television stations, Channels 15 and 48 join WTXV, UPN34 in West Palm Beach, WBFS, UPN33 in Miami-Fort Lauderdale, and CBS owned WFOR CBS4 in a five station group which is operated from WFOR?s broadcast center west of Miami International Airport.

Back to the top

wtcn-15

I can't find it on DirecTV and I supposedly have all the local channels. Why was it left off?
Back to the top
Control functions: