Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Moral Victory? Nahhhh..

This is not a moral victory speech. But for these guys to hear all year how they couldn't compete. How they couldn't recover from the loss of the seniors and were too young and inexperienced. The youngsters needed this for their confidence. The veterans needed this for seasonal sanity. The coaches needed this type of game for the same two reasons listed above. They did Ok!
I think this was a winnable game. Kansas have a good team. We did not roll over and they knew they were in a game. But I'm sure their fans can find fault where they should have scored more points,dominated more,etc…

For the coaches to see them go up there and hold their own for 3 qtrs against a Big 12 team, has to be encouraging. I know you'll hear the anti "moral victory" speech from players and coaches this week. But college players and coaches are a little different behind closed doors. They understand that they face very huge obstacles this year. So to come out and be competitive with Kansas on the ROAD for the first game is something you can only build on.
Personally I like the effort they put out up there. Obviously the victory would have been better. But being a realist I see that they do have room for improvements. The gap is not too wide and hopefully fixing it will not be too difficult.

We have to work on some things but so does the Oklahoma Sooners(who didn't plan their loss either) and a few other top 25 teams.
Back to the top

Moral Victory? Nahhhh..

Moral Victory? Nahhhh..

Could'nt agree with you more O.G. I believe they gave Ole KU a scare or two tonight. Any word on Earls?
Back to the top

Moral Victory? Nahhhh..

Watching the game with FAU leading 13-12 in the 3rd Quarter it was quite obvious the Kansas team was scared! The crowd was HUSHED SILENT!! The crickets were chirping in that stadium filled with 40,000+ KU fans when FAU was in the lead. They thought they bought themselves an easy victory and were more than likely at that point requesting a REFUND! Nice game FAU! Some minor mistakes and certainly some BS calls from the refs but overall it was a grand display of talent that had the KU fans peeing their trendy Jayhawk pants.
Back to the top

Moral Victory? Nahhhh..

This was a huge game for us, the young boys became men. It give me a better persecptive of where this team is and as the players continue to develope, this will be a very solid team. Even with the mistakes, which for a yound team is not all that unusual, and some so, so calls it gives the players motivation to work harder. IMO, in validates to the players why the coaches have been pushing them so hard.

Back to the top

Moral Victory? Nahhhh..

Hey Guys -- You scared the heck out of your Big 12 opponent and represented SBC football very well. CONGRATS to your coaches and team!
Back to the top

Moral Victory? Nahhhh..

Thanks Badgerwolf, These young men have worked hard in the off season to fill the shoes of the seniors that left this year. These guys have been listening to how bad they will be and I think that made them work harder to show the nasayers they not only learned from the previous players but can contend as the up and coming. They never rolled over after falling behind that shows character. Again Great Job to Coachs, Players for a heck of a game.
Back to the top

Moral Victory? Nahhhh..

I'm not sure where moral victories play in the grand scheme of things. If they're valuable, then this game was a goldmine. In any case, I certainly was proud to be wearing my FAU shirt and hat at Memorial Stadium in Lawrence.

The guys really conducted themselves well overall. The 24-point (or was it 28 by game time) spread certainly was out of place. The members of the crowd with whom I spoke were polite and respectful, with the exception of one very drunk young guy (and that's to be expected). I couldn't tell exactly what he was trying to say (badly slurred speech) , but it was didn't sound like, "Good day."

All in all, the 1,100-mile round trip was well worth it, even at $3-plus a gallon. I wish I could be at Dolphins Stadium Thursday night. At least someone will be sitting in my season seats, and I'll have ESPN2. Hope all of you get to go….

By the way, I was standing in the team hotel restaurant Saturday morning when a waitress told Coach Schnellenberger what a well-behaved group of men he had on his team. She said she usually hates to work when football teams are staying there because of the behavior.
Back to the top

Moral Victory? Nahhhh..

"By the way, I was standing in the team hotel restaurant Saturday morning when a waitress told Coach Schnellenberger what a well-behaved group of men he had on his team. She said she usually hates to work when football teams are staying there because of the behavior."

Ya know with all the negative stuff you read about players it is refreshing to hear something good. Especially when it is a team you are rooting for. Thanks for that tid bit of info Grayowl and I hope someone passes it on to Coach Schnell.
Back to the top
Control functions: